bluey questions??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf

Reaction score
ok can a bluey grow to 1.5m long and is the bluey the largest skink in australia

no, they can only grow to about 40-50cms(svl) long, and the largest skink in aussie is the land mullet which gets to about 60-65cms(svl)
cheers malik

ok can a bluey grow to 1.5m long and is the bluey the largest skink in australia

dont be silly, they grow 2m at least! crocs are clearly the largest skinks not land mullets!
stupid.gif

Considering the bite a 50cm bluey can give, the very idea of one over a metre long scares me :shock:

right now i have 2 Blueys (Kimberley northerns) that are 60cms from Snout to tail tip - they don't get much bigger.

if you think the blueys get big wait till you get your first bearded dragon........ 3 cubic tons of vegies and a goat a week......

Attachments

• giant-dragon.jpg
    giant-dragon.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 89
some funny replys
thank you snowsnake for you answer
now the reason i asked is i was sure a bluey couldent got to 1.5m and i was also sure that it wasent the largest skink in australia but i had to ask coz i was reading a garding mag thar had an articl about blueys and thats what they said

so i asked just in case i was mising something

Lonewolf:

I've never seen a bluey more than about 60cm snout to tail.

That however doesn't mean that they could get a bit larger in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back