Bluie with "conjunctivitis"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerCoastal

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a question for you. I just got a call of one of my friends who is at one of their friends houses, and they have a young blue tongue who keeps getting "conjunctivitis" in one eye. I havnt seen the bluie or enclosure myself or seen pics as yet because i dont know the owner, and have told them to take it to the vet, but just for my own knowledge, has anyone experienced anything like this and what was the problem? I will hopefully be getting sent some pics tomorrow sometime so will update the thread with them then.

yea I experianced it with my netteds though it is called photo-ketro-conjunctivitis

it is to do with over exposure to uv ( getting to much uv all the time ) it causes temporal blindness the problem is easily solved by switching off your uv light for a while and then moving it a bit higher up the cage
I think that was what the guy was reffuring to

yea I experianced it with my netteds though it is called photo-ketro-conjunctivitis

it is to do with over exposure to uv ( getting to much uv all the time ) it causes temporal blindness the problem is easily solved by switching off your uv light for a while and then moving it a bit higher up the cage
I think that was what the guy was reffuring to

what brand UVB are they using?

If it's from over exposure to UV it will usually be bilateral.

if its kept on sand ive heard that can happen if they get sand in their eyes,....

I am curious of this aswell. One of my guys has same thing and it is in both eyes. They only get natural sunlight for around half hour a day and no uvb inside and are currently on kitty krumble substrate. I dont understand now why it has this problem.

I am curious of this aswell. One of my guys has same thing and it is in both eyes. They only get natural sunlight for around half hour a day and no uvb inside and are currently on kitty krumble substrate. I dont understand now why it has this problem.
you won't get it with sunligt as it is a floresent problem
I used to use reptapets (not a good brand) back when I was ignorant

cheers guys when she finally gets back to me with the pics and that i am expecting a run down on lighting, uv and output rating, enclosure temps, exposure to natural light and sub-strait so will post as much info up as i can as soon as i know. As far as i know it is only in one eye, not bilateral, but any idea as to what it could be will be welcomed

It could be a whole host of things from infection to a scrathed cornea it will be very hard to diagnose without a proper inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back