bobtail enclosure thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman59

Reaction score
show off your bobtail enclosures i just got a new bobtail and would love to see some other peoples enclosures :D heres mine at the moment

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 247
I keep all my Shinglebacks in an outdoor enclosure.
I will try and find some pics.
It is very large, heavily planted and 'natural', with lots of hollow logs etc.
I do have some cement pavers in there which absorb lots of heat and they all love basking on them.
They are pretty much able to live exactly as they would in the wild.
I only supplement their feeding as they seem to find plenty of food in their enclosure.... dandelions, snails, insects etc.

Last edited:
Here's one...

enclosure 001.jpg

Lizardman is that pine shavings you have in there? Just a tip... Shingles don't seem to like that stuff as it is quite dusty and seems to cause respiratory probs. Beeter off with litter or clean reptile sand (like the desert sand).
They also really like to have somewhere to hide....

Last edited:
thanks reptile hide ill change the substrate i also got a new hide yesterday

Mine's in a stack the stumpy is at the bottom.

P1010683.jpg

Here's a closer look
P1010684.jpg

what are the dimensions for the that tank and does it fit your bluey comftorably

Pine shavings are fine I've used them for years. Whats the height of your enclosure? you may need to place a platform under your basking light to bring the critter closer to the uv source.

Yeh I have changed my shingles enclosure ive got all kitty litter a hide a rock under the basking lamp a little rock passageway and that's about it I want to buy a background for her soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back