Brown Tree Snake not eating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chirpyderp

Reaction score
Quiet literally at my wits end..

I only keep colubrids, and have never had this issue. My common tree has no issues eating, and this snake (brown tree) has eaten before with me, but now he just looks at food like he has no idea what it is?

He ate before winter and has not eaten since. Tank has heating, two hides, he is quiet active and drinks no worries just will not eat. Any ideas? When do I force feed?

Thanks all.

Quiet literally at my wits end..

I only keep colubrids, and have never had this issue. My common tree has no issues eating, and this snake (brown tree) has eaten before with me, but now he just looks at food like he has no idea what it is?

He ate before winter and has not eaten since. Tank has heating, two hides, he is quiet active and drinks no worries just will not eat. Any ideas? When do I force feed?

Thanks all.
what are you trying to feed?

what are you trying to feed?
Hey there,

Just pinkies at the moment which is what he was eating with previous owner and what he ate before winter no worries. I offered him a quail egg and he wasn't interested either.

My CTS eats pinkies and fish. I don't think the brown tree would be interested in fish.

Hey there,

Just pinkies at the moment which is what he was eating with previous owner and what he ate before winter no worries. I offered him a quail egg and he wasn't interested either.

My CTS eats pinkies and fish. I don't think the brown tree would be interested in fish.
sorry mate im no BTS keeper, I was hoping someone could offer advice with more info
However, have you tried scenting some food with a skink tail/ rubbing a skink on a rodent?

Back