Camping at Treachery

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phoebe

Reaction score
Went camping at Treachery at Seal Rocks on the weekend. Lace monitors were everywhere!

Little guy
IMG_2537-Copy.jpg

Giant fat guy
IMG_2594-Copy.jpg

IMG_2602-Copy.jpg

IMG_2604-Copy.jpg

The same one as above only at ground level. I was standing around a metre away from him...didn't seem too fussed unless I made sudden movements.
IMG_2545-Copy.jpg

This fella wandered into our camp one night. Considering the area we were in is diamond country I am a little confused as to why this one is clearly a coastal...
IMG_2584-Copy.jpg

IMG_2585-Copy.jpg

nice pics mate. that place is full of awesome wildlife. its rare to find a carpet that looks coastal with no diamond.
but you are still on the border of where they integrade.

Ah fair enough, I always thought the coastal carpet region was quite a bit further north.
The wildlife is excellent! I was quite overwhelmed by the amount of bird species that were around.

Top pics! I'll have to pay more attention to the wildlife next time I'm there :)

My Nanna and Granddad rescued this fella from Seal Rocks about couple of months ago... Yellow belly black water snake :D

photo.php
148723_10150314520735398_644075397_15463975_5044927_n.jpg

photo.php

Its a good area for herping, i was up there recently for a surf trip.
Also found a lot of snakes, no carpets though.

I want to see pics of the waves at Treachery!!!
I haven't surfed there for a few years now...planning a trip for march I think.

ive been herping there about 200 times the last couple of years and never found a carpet like that just adds more variety to the mix

No me and a mate went for a drive up there for a night time herp! On the way to the beach I took a quick detour down to the camping area to see if any lacy's were about, this 1 started climbing the tree as we got there and the air-con was to good to get out!!

Ahh the air con. It was ridiculously hot.
There were loads of lacys. A couple of people in our group had small children and were worried the lacys were going to eat them haha. I had to keep chasing the monitors away to keep them happy (and to also show everyone how skittish they are).

Nice looking inter, yeah, some striped interes turn up in that area and almost all of pythons in the area have large rosettes, I can see that snake fitting inter the area, just at one end of the scale... cracking looking animal though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back