Can someone help me with my central netted dragon please!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

centralcoast

Reaction score
:( could someone please help me I'm only new to reptiles and my central netted dragon has gone really sluggish he still eats but not as enthusiastically as before and is not moving very good and not looking to well he is an adult and lives in a 4 foot enclosure he has a uv light and a heat light with a drinking water bowl and a swimming hole and lives with another netted female and a Pygmy beardy can someone please help me to diagnose him and help me cure him would be very appreciated thanks Jamie

What is brumation

? Is there any other options guys so I know if I have to worry or not and be prepared for all my options

Last edited:
Brumation is when a reptile sleeps for the cooler months of the year (bit like hibernating). Some automatically slow down in autumn, even though the lights are still on.

Is he being chased/harrassed by his mates at all? Lizards are often touchy about different species, especially dragons. It might be stressing him out to have a Pygmy beardie in there?

Last edited:
The Pygmy seems to do his own thing so I don't think it's that and also what do I do for him to brumate thanks

Just reduce the light hours down gradually from 10 to 8, you dont have to though, he will brumate anyway

I would check your temperatures and the hours you have the lights on before calling it brumation,
if the daylight hours have been reduced and the temps cooling down significantly then yes, however if not i would be concerned.
Please also describe how he is not moving good and not looking well.
Is he in the cooler side of the enclosure or hotter side more often, pics help also bud

Yes his in the cooler end of the enclosure and sleeping alot and there has been some really cold rainy days but there has also been some warm days like today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back