can someone id this snake caught in letterbox?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carbrooksilkies

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i just went to check mail but found a snake instead of mail and it was not my usual large green tree snake that is sometimes there.. this ones a little green and brown.

and i'd like to know if its a release job or not...

Attachments

• snake in bin 1.jpg
    snake in bin 1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 291
  • snake in bin 11.jpg
    snake in bin 11.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 342
  • snake in letterbox.jpg
    snake in letterbox.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 316
a Brown phase GTS i think? LOL or a copperhead dunno im not into vens.

Green tree snake. If you scare it enough it might drop a stink bomb on you,. but otherwise completely harmless.

Not a copperhead. look nice what ever it is. Also looks like it might be up for a shed in one of the pics.

green tree snake - dendrelaphis punctulatus 100% positive ;)

can i take this into the epa office tomorrow in ann street and tell them i dont want it??

if its in a nice tupper warre container with breathing holes??

They won't take it and if you remove this fella from your property another will just move in. They are harmless snakes (In the sense you won't die from a bite unless your allergic) so in essence they are no more deadly then a bee. Let it go in your backyard and admire nature at its best.

just let it go in your yard where it belongs and you will probably never see it again ! TOTALLY harmless

Id Suggest letting it go. Its harmless. wont hurtcha.. And it gorgeous why wouldnt u want it round?

Copperhead,,,,,Come on,,, it's obviously a stoway rattle snake looking for a new home......

Copperhead,,,,,Come on,,, it's obviously a stoway rattle snake looking for a new home......

Wow, i wonder how many snakes have had the shovel from talk like that. You do know that theres alot of people who cant recognise sarcasm..

I wounder if people can tell the differance between that,, & someone who is giving a totaly wrog id's as if they were fact.. that is one of the most easily identified snakes in the contry,, & we get people saying copperhead.....Great work!

sorry absolutley, no sarcasm needed for me to have a reason to pulp something that could harm my little ones.. 1 rb, this summer, 4 the last and 2 b4 that..++ a few brown... love the nature on acreage, always rescuing turtles ad birls and lizard off the road.. got no time for snakes that kill since i had my dog bitten last year... so yeah sarcasm doesnt always help..

cool side story though over christmas, built a new chicken pen for the local school, and dug up three nests of big eggs.. the whole area was being re-dug so took them home kept them in fish tank in soil that was 20cm deep and kept soil slightly moist.. had almost given up on them till 2 weeks ago went to check up and feed my silkie chickens and saw the first of what was to be 37 little bearded dragons that had hatched... all hapily released in the yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back