Capturing Escapees - Woodies / Crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone used a Bonsai dish and possibly fluon the inner rim. As the bowl/dish has a curved rim at the top they can't climb over and fall back into dish. Worth a shot if you can find fluon these days.

I just shake an egg carton of woodies from my colony into a grocery bag, and put them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes..
Then I just individually hand feed each woody to my dragons.

Good idea, i'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Heaps of awesome ideas floating around.. :) glad i asked.

I found a little tub for .75c at bunnings, painted it with fluon and put it in between some logs so the hatchies can jump in get a feed and get out. Seems to work, took them a little while to work out how to get in, but some are getting the hang of it. Bitta fun watching them..

I use a ceramic ramekin to feed out woodies, its heavy enough not to be flipped, herp shop sell roach traps haven't tried them myself but apprently are great for catching escapees. I'm going to try them out in the new year as i have a breeding population of woodies living behind the foam background and everytime i lift up the food bowl 20 or so babies scatter
place a bowl painted with fluon in the enclosure overnight with some shredded carrot,pear etc etc,guaranteed to work!!! no more colony :)

vaseline works as well as fluon too, i think herpshop said fluon is gonna be very tough to get from now on as price in the states has skyrocketed

put crickets and woodies in a click clack (remove the hoppers to prevent crickets from hopping away) then hold the container to the door of your enclosure and when your babies come running open the door slightly and let them get in with the food, eat as many as they want to and then put your babies back into their enclosure and return any uneaten food back into their containers

i do this with my girl and she sees me getting it all ready and comes flying down to the door from where ever shes been sitting and scratches at it till i open it a little then she jumps into the container and has her fill

this way none get away (have a little vaseline around the top of the click clack to prevent woodies escaping and have removed hoppers from the crickets) plus you dont have to worry about the BD's digesting any substrate you might be using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back