Carniverous mice could threaten island

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/life/dn7721
Its quite serious actually,Imagine a plague of mice that had been living for generations on the only food available, seabird chick, The best food for growing big fat animals.
The albatross try to nest etc but these mice are eating holes in the chicks.If you have witnessed a plague of mice or seen it on tv you will understand the danger they could be to ground nesting birds.

so wat ur saying is i should be feeding my snakes seabird chicks if i want them to be huge? Sweet!

<grabs a bottle of aspirin and a bag of chips and heads to the beach>

Thats a shame, but at the same time shows natures awesome power to adapt. How could they possibly wipe out the mice? it doesnt sound good for the poor old albatross :(

i think this could be time for a camping trip....every one bring all the pythons you own and lets go to visit the beach:p
Jayy

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/life/dn7721
Its quite serious actually,Imagine a plague of mice that had been living for generations on the only food available, seabird chick, The best food for growing big fat animals.
The albatross try to nest etc but these mice are eating holes in the chicks.If you have witnessed a plague of mice or seen it on tv you will understand the danger they could be to ground nesting birds.

That's why i said stupid government! :evil:
Lets just all go there and play catch the rabbits/mice!

Stupid bloody vermin that isn't yet snake food!
actually.......we could make a buck by catching super sized mice and selling it as super sizing snake food ;)

Round up all the dole bludgers, give em a whacking stick and a packet of mars bars and a case of beers and let em at it. They can be paid a fee for every rodent carcass, and billed for every albatross so they soon learn maths, and when they get good ship em up to Queensland to take on the toads. Its a win, win situation. With travel and promotion oportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back