Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the best ways to make a cat owner learn not to leave their cats out at night.
If everyone had these set in their yards at night and took the caught cats to the pound, cat owners may learn to keep the felines locked up at night.
I have 3 traps, purchased from a professional possum catcher (bit bigger and more solid). In the 1st week of using them I caught 5 cats and a fox.
These are one of the best ways, we the people can help our native wildlife.
Cheers Andy.

thats awesome, i've been wondering where to get cat traps fr om!!!

i just wanna catch peoples cats so they have to pay to pick em up from the pound,...might reach em to keep them inside @ night!! :)

haha.. gotta love em.. when I was overseas in Saudi - we had a cat problem in our little housing complex.. a few these around solved it within a week. They're great!

gee ebays a pain in the butt, i've forgotten my username and password. :(

A lot of local councils have possum traps for hire....great for feral cats.

i have purchased off this person befor

not only does he stock the cat traps he also has really good humane rat traps they all come flat packed and shipped fast they take 10min to put together and work really well

sorted out my stay rat issues and in the comming weeks i will be getting 1-2 of these 1 for the roof and one for the guinney pig enclosures would save me borrowing them all the time

definatly worth there weight in gold

Thanks veredus,
Do you know if these traps are the same size as the ones the council uses for cats and possums??
If they are, then they are well worth the money..
Great price..

Niccce, I so need to use one of those with next door's cat! Damn thing keeps lying smack bang in the middle of our front lawn and driving the dogs beserk! :evil: Plus the damn neighbour has complained to the council about our pets so many times for the silliest of reasons that aren't even true, all because my dad doesn't get along with him
rolleyes.gif
And so I think it's time for payback
evillaugh.gif

ps. Like how it says it's also suitable for large rats hehehe

I have purchased two of these, the cat problem in my area has been steadily growing over the past few years, and many native species of bird and reptile I used to see around my yard have disappeared with the increase in feline numbers. Not only this but they also urinate on our front porch leaving a horrible smell that seeps into our living room, I figure its time to take some action.

ssssnakeman: I think they are the same size as those used by the council, there is anothermore expensive trap listed on ebay ($100 for that one) that is only 2 cm wider but same for other dimensions and the add claims for which states that they are used by professional pest control.

Not the best design, but at that price you cant go wrong. The mesh is even big enough to fit a barrel in... err i mean take it to the pound ;)

Any trap that can potentially catch a possum in our area needs to have a "spiral" bait holder, a design that means the trapped animal cannot get injured on it. Looking at the picture it seems that this one has a hook to hold the bait??

(We have caught a number of possums in out cat trap.... the odd rat and a few birds also.)

The better cat traps have doors at both ends. There is the door that seals the front and usually a sliding panel at the other end that can be opened against a cage to get the cat out of the trap without it being able to escape etc. When the council comes to collect the cats we trap they usually end up taking the trap away and returning it later because it is too hard to get the cat out safely. If anyone knows where this type of trap can be cheaply obtained around Melbourne I would appreciate it.

And exactly what do people expect to do with these so called feral cats? Once they've been humanely captured?

And exactly what do people expect to do with these so called feral cats? Once they've been humanely captured?
This is gonna start a fight.
If I catch a cat that is wearing a collar, it goes to the pound, then the owner can pay a fee to retrive the animal..
If the cat HAS NOT got a collar (NO COLLAR, NO OWNER), it must be feral and gets humanely shot (as did the fox I caught in the trap).

i really should get some more traps my stupid neighbour has quite a few annoying cats. god knows how many natives theyve killed in the wetlands across the road which have been very dry for over a year.

Personally I'd go around looking for the owner and tell them next time it's going to the pound.

Thanks veredus,
Do you know if these traps are the same size as the ones the council uses for cats and possums??
If they are, then they are well worth the money..
Great price..
Hey Barry,
Here is a link to the supplier I use for commercial traps in Cheltenham Vic not to far from you.
http://www.animalcare.com.au/shop/trapscatpossum.html
They work very well on neighbors cats and are the same as councils use.

Cheers
Les

Yeh my mate makes these cages and hires them out to the local council and me for free lol.If you use them for possums, new possums will only move in to take there place.

Hmmm I need to get me some traps.

My neighbours cats are always fighting in the front yard at all hours of the morning, if they have to pay to retreive their kitty from the pound they may just think twice about letting it roam free every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back