Caught this little Guy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stinky buggers if you stress/scare it too much.

Gl; my bf wanted one till he found out about the stink bomb part. Lol.

It isnt a bad smell, to be honest, it just smells like a snake smell. But after you handle them a bit, they never make that smell. The only time mine does, is when I have to clutch its tail quickly to stop it escaping, and even this is if it is coiled around its escape rout. (happed at times I let it run about)
So I have had one 8 months and only had the stink bomb 3 times. It is actually hard to get this from the GTS, only of you accidently rough it up.

i searched gts and i found that they puff their neck up to look as big as they can when intimidated they can also release a bad odoured gas to try and make the enemy go away;)

Is it gas, not a small must discharge involving a liquid? Because the smell can stich to the skin(not like stink bugs, the smell comes off easier)

They are non- venomous but can bite. Though rarely do. They have great threat display and like to eyeball you face to face when you catch them and puff up their throats and open their mouths. Sort of like a skinny python.

The stinkbombs do smell to me anyway like HOLY *******ING YUCK! but can wash it off you and its a liquid its sticky and they do puff up and quiet often thats when you will notice the blue colour very nice animals can bite ,mainly find the bigger ones will attempt to bite the smaller ones will do a mock strike , but never worry me i still havent been bitten yet by them ......if you see them get up close and admire their beauty :) Python crapping on you smells disgusting too ......and everyone on here knows them buggers can inflict a nasty bite lol.......redbellybite

haha :lol: Thanks surfcop... its dad that usually finds them around the yard, then he doesn't move and calls out to me to get them before the 'evil spade':x:( does. But I think he's settling these days...
The only reason he's like that is he lost his favourite dog to a brown;):?.

lucky the GTS didn't release its stink bomb... doesn't sound too pleasent;):lol:

Hi all,

While non venomous in the old thinking, they may in fact be venomous, research is currently being conducted into solid toothed colubrids in Australia. Its seems that they have at very least an active anti coagulant in their saliva.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

I think most of you didn't read this post......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back