check out this little devil!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steevo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Found this little ripper in the middle of the road, it's being held by my 4 yr old son. Any thorny devil experts out there? I would like to know whether you think this little one is gravid or is it blowing itself up as a defense mechanism as ive heard they can do. this was taken in October which is the right time for her to be gravid.

Attachments

• sallys 027.jpg
    sallys 027.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 205
it does look like its pregges
are you aloud to keep them (class 2 licence ??)
thanks
brad

I'm not sure if it is gravid, but that is one healthy moloch, I would love to go out into the bush to find photograph some, captivity isn't the same.

Yes brad you can keep them on a class 2 license but it is not advised to do so, they only eat small black ant's in the wild, roughly 45 ants a minute.

Cheers

possibly to small to be a female, more then likely just has a gutfull of ants, captives will eat other species of similar ants besides those found in their home range, and definitely not 1000 a day.

Sweet! that looks like one fat little devil lol. Where did you find it if you dont mind me asking?

Bout 150 km west of Kalgoorlie as the crow flys,second one i have found on the same road.

The devils in Sydney wildlife world have been taken off display because they were handling captivity very well.

I was watching a doco on them the other day. Another amazing thing I didn't realize about them is how they take in their water! - Through their feet!! Freak city! :D ....they are truly amazing animals! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back