Check out this variegata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpetpythonmorphs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This is a variegata with an ancestry from the Gregory River region in the Gulf of Carpetaria.
Check out how Hyper-melanistic it is!

Attachments

• Gulf Carpet.jpg
    Gulf Carpet.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 204
Nice. Wild ones that dark aren't actually that uncommon around the Darwin region. What do its belly scales look like? Does it have a solid strip going down its belly?

just looks like a dark picture from this view, you might want to take it outside and get some light on it so we can see the whole snake

"Nice. Wild ones that dark aren't actually that uncommon around the Darwin region. What do its belly scales look like? Does it have a solid strip going down its belly?"

Good question Ill find out

As far as I know, plenty of people have Hypermelanistic variegata, however, there are very few if any Gregory River carpets in captivity. Maybe interesting for the locality enthusiasts.

Here is an underbelly shot, its a crap photo though. Ill get the owner to send me some better shots

Attachments

• Gulf Carpet underbelly.jpg
    Gulf Carpet underbelly.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 147
Gregory River is on the Queensland side of the border in the Gulf, Near Lawn Hill. It flows through Riversleigh Station and Gregory Downs. I didnt think it was carpet habitat but when you go there it is ideal variegata habitat along the river.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back