Children's python has a lump

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planky

Reaction score
Hi So I recently bought this childrens python pair and a friend of mine while holding the girl python noticed this lump located near her rear end it's not on the bottom of the snake more off to the side it's not hard and when touched is very soft and moves, plus the snake doesn't like it either any suggestions on what this could be would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

e2upe6eb.jpg

If it were my python and I noticed any unusual lump; I'd take it to the vet asap.
But that's just me.

If it's outside the ribcage (under the skin) it could be a skinworm - a common and harmless parasite in snakes which have had access to infested frogs or lizards. All these thend to do is look unsightly, but they are easily removed by a vet. is the animal wild-caught? If it isn't, and it turns out to be skinworm, the breeder may have offered frog or lizard meals to get the animal started.

Otherwise, I would take it to a vet just in case it's a tumour (not uncommon in snakes) or something else which needs professional attention.

Jamie

Oh ok The snakes ment to be 10 years + old so it's been eating for a while but thanks anyway the old owner is happy to give a refund so if it hasn't gone down by Sunday I think ill take em back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back