Croc Jailed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkslinger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Crocodile in jail after 'having a go' at fishermen

By Tara Ravens
November 02, 2007 01:09pm

Article from: AAP

A FEISTY crocodile spent the night behind bars at the cop shop in a remote Northern Territory mining town after it "had a go" at some fishermen.

The reptile was to be released from its cell today and moved to a crocodile farm near Nhulunbuy, on the Gove Peninsula.
Local radio had warned residents to be on the lookout for the 2.4-metre crocodile after a run-in with a group of recreational anglers.
The fisherman told police they were retrieving their vessel from the boat ramp at the Nhulunbuy Yacht Club when they spotted the crocodile in the water about 4.30pm (CST) yesterday.
They said the aggressive animal then "had a go at them".
Police and Parks and Wildlife officers found the crocodile in shallow water about 30 metres from the ramp.
They postponed attempts to capture it until after dark, when the reptiles are easier to spot, police said, and yacht club patrons were warned.
A boat was launched and, after several failed attempts, the officers succeeded in capturing the croc about 10pm last night.
It was put in the Nhulunbuy police station watch house for the night, police said.

A croc in Jail? Not something you see everyday(or anyday). LOL
Is that legal?PMSL
Cheeers

:D

Dylan

hahahaha imagine what his cell mate would have been doing!
interesting stuff... lol

Would have been funny if they'd just thrown it in with the usual drunks and theives... Bet that'd sort em out!

bet they didn't have a licence :)

Hey, Thats what we can do with Pedafiles and Rapists, feed their fellow cell mates with them..They would be great in a cell together.

i wonder how much the bail for an angry croc would be

It really annoys me how the croc is "punished" for defending its territory. If your going to go fishing in a river where crocs are, you have to accept that being territorial they are going to try and drive you out. I guess its a good thing they didn't just kill it.

i bet his name is bubba

hope he didnt drop the soap.

oh theres so many c'mon guys, more lame jokes.

Wonder who get the top bunk, in this cell, and I wonder if hed get in trouble in he didnt use the toilet, and just used the floor.

haha we should start a new thread called, how many prison/jail jokes can you make about a croc, some of them are classic. Least he wouldnt have to worry about making shivs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back