cunningham skinks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckos_are_great

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi guys i was just wondering if anyone actully breeds cunninghams on this site apart from thegreenies. if so can you post pictures of your set ups and cunninghams. at the moment i have 2 cunninghams and im getting another 2 this weekend. so i can hopfully breed them. also for the people that do breed them are they hard to breed???

thanks in advance for anythings you guys post.:D

One of the easiest skinks to keep and breed the cunninghams,my friend had a pair that we collected near bathhurst in 1970 as adults,they bred almost every year until 1990 when i took them to another licensed keepers house and he put them in his outdoor pit.They kept breeding and he had them until a few years back when he then also moved.So they are extremely long lived and hardy lizards,ive onley got the one adult here at the moment and its outside in a 6 metre enclosure,they get along alright with bluetongues and a land mullet that share the cage.

awsome. mine are housed outside in a 3meter square enclosure with blueys beardies and turtles.

I have read that related Cunningham's skink's will not breed??? It was in a nature Australia mag, but I am sure that would just be with wild animals. Has anyone bred sibling skink's before?

hmm thats interesting as they live in realy large colonys in the wild i guess they would have a good gene pull.
none of mine are related so thats good i guess. is there any possable way to sex them?

i have 5 new england cunningham siblings that i have had for 8 years. they are in an outside pit (6m round) they have bred every year since they were 2 years old. i just leave the babies in there. the colony would consist of atleast 40 to 45 animals from the massive 5 original adults to last seasons offspring. they get along famously, although sometimes a couple of new borns get eaten. its an awesome little colony and i sometimes sit there for hours just watching them.

ohh no they get eaten!:( sounds like aa wicked colony you have there do you have any pictures???
also is it hard to tell if there gravid?

ok so now im trying to work out localitys would like to see pictures of different localitys so i can try to id different localitys when i see them. im going to be doing my reasearch project on these next term. so any pictures would be great:D

so far the only localitys i know are the victorian ones are kinda browny green theres the ones from the granite belt are those orange headed ones aswell as the ne england ones. but thats all i know. any corrections would be great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back