DIY tank questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clipo38

Reaction score
I am about to make a tank and i am wondering the following things
1. Where is a good cheap place to get class cut to size?
2. Where do people get those glass sliding tracks from?
3. What do people use for ventilation?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated
cheers Joe

Bunnings is your answer for everything. Except the cut glass....Try a tip shop or a glass shop. Check the DIY Thread. There are 1000 in there about people making their own tanks.

Good luck mate!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't actually made an entire enclosure (I have several unfinished projects on the go though:))
1. Your local glazier, as in a small business rather than one of the large ones. A smaller business is more likely to use offcuts to cut your glass from and won't charge as much for them, whereas large companies will have a fixed per m2 price.
2. Bunnings for the cheap white ones, I don't know if they have other colours. Virides have some fancy-pants glass tracks that look heaps better than the ones from bunnings.
3. air vents from bunnings again:) There's a whole lot of different styles, from those little round ones through to big rectanglur ones. if they have one you like but the gaps are too big, you can get a piece of flyscreen to put behind it. From bunnings:)

**I do not work for bunnings or Virides:p

5mm and bunnings has whit and brown 5mm tracks id reckoment glueing them in rather then screwing them in too( much easyer and more smoother)

Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2
thanks heaps
chears Joe

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know any cheap good places to get cut glass from around sydney ?
cheers Joe

are there any people who know a place in or around sydney to get cheap cutted glass?
Cheers Joe

are there any people who know a place in or around sydney to get cheap cutted glass?
Cheers Joe

Surry Hills Glass
PH: 9310 1739

I believe there's a certain formula also regarding what thickness of glass to use depending on size of tank. The guys here can figure that out.

Also down the road a bit is Aquadisiac on Bourke St...you might want to compare prizes to getting the tank custom-made versus making it yourself.

Surry Hills Glass
PH: 9310 1739

I believe there's a certain formula also regarding what thickness of glass to use depending on size of tank. The guys here can figure that out.

Also down the road a bit is Aquadisiac on Bourke St...you might want to compare prizes to getting the tank custom-made versus making it yourself.
Thanks heaps
cheers Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back