Dont underestimate venom

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Westaussie,

just one more question mate. If you received a bite from an adult mulga, would you be straight to the hospital for treatment or would you wait and see as you did with the juvenile bite?

I realise this is a bit of "kids don't try this at home" sort of situation but you obviously have the experience to know the effects of the venom pretty well.

Cheers

BROWNS said:
I still think if you keep venemous long enough you are sure to be bitten sooner or later....

Wrong attitude Browns.
The idea is to minimise the risk potential.
Not accept it as inevitable.
Peter

If you received a bite from an adult mulga, would you be straight to the hospital for treatment
Yea mate - you can't be too carefull with an adult mulga because of the amount of venom they can inject.
I am more likely to get bitten by the smaller ones or by lesser venomous species because it is easier to become complacent with these snakes. In 15 years of handling venomous snakes I have never been hit by a large elapid and that is the direct result of being 100% switched on when dealing with these snakes, Just as Pete has said -
The idea is to minimise the risk potential.
Not accept it as inevitable

RR - my worst experience with anything like this was also a catfish... Got stuck at 6pm, and had it in hot water until 4 am before the pain subsided enough for me to get to sleep! Not pleasant :( It was only a baby too lol...

Wrong attitude Browns.
The idea is to minimise the risk potential

Don't know about wrong attitude....just an observation..

I stilill think if you keep them long enough you will be bit...

Some people are made for vemonous snake keeping. Some - like me - - aren't. I admire our vens and people who work with them.
I'd be dead in a day. trust me. :)

Gosh - It looks painful. I hope it's feeling better now - maybe a picture of the healed scar would be good to see.

Do any of our snakes give necrotic bites?

Hugsta that was a funny answer. you mean dyslexia. der. lol lol You knew that. :roll:

Spot we will try to be more patient now that you've pointed out you have a disability. I hope we've not been too hard on you darlin'. :wink:

I have a disability too, they haven't categorised it yet but it's valid! I'm sure I'm a pre Alzheimers, dementiaed, menopausal, senilility ridden mother and granma. Please bear with me. lol!

I've got something funny to show you I wonder if it will work for me? Seeing this is a Venomous snake bite thread. It's not off topic and it'll make you spit drink through your nose. :|

http://members.iinet.net.au/~bush/kirk.html
Love from Muddy

Yea B.B is a mate of mine & Kirk is the largest King Brown I have ever held. (around 3 meters)

hay westie
how is that hand going now?
more progress pics please :)

Just a bit of a scar now bryony and have lost a bit of mobility in that finger.

Thankyou Brodes. Are they as destructive as some of the bites from Exotic Snakes?

You know Kirk West? What an honour. I thought it was perfect. He loves his snake. lol :)
Em

Spotted... um that site states they cause "LACERATIONS" not what your stating..
Lacerations are cuts which are caused from the backward facing sharp pointy things (teeth)
haha, I was wondering why anyone would say a carpet bite can cause hallucinations, lacerations are so much more plausible.

hallucinations are more fun though ;)

quick bite me again :)

ouchy afro!
thats my arm!!! let it go or no shamakos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back