duel tank for geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
some of you know im getting golden tail geckos, well, me and my dad are building a duel tanks, each tank is 30cm x 30cm x 45cm and the total is 64cm x 45cm x 30cm. so basically i will have a spare tank and i also want southern spotted geckos but i think the tank will be too small for a pair little own a trio which i would prefer. whats another gecko that could fit in there if they can't??? i know spiny tails would but whats another aboreal gecko that can fit in this size tank? yea, thanks. any info can be provided on the tank if you want.

Cheers,

Luke

You might be able to fit a pair of Oedura tryoni but I personally think that would still be a squeeze. There are smaller Oedura species out there that you could test out. Another Velvet species is the Northern Spotted Velvet gecko (Oedura coggeri), looks very much like O.tryoni but they are smaller and less common in captivity.

Other climbing species are Gehyra spp and Christinus spp but neither are as colourful as the Oedura and some Strophurus.

I maintain my pairs of Oedura tryoni, coggeri, monilis and robusta as pairs in that size with no issues as long as there are ample hide sites.

ok, i will probably move them into a larger enclosure and end up putting a spiny in. any other geckos that would fit in hear

hey, are soft spiny tails/south west spiny tails on a class one in NSW
if so, whats there going rate???

Im assuming your talking about Strophurus spinigerus?

If so, they are quite uncommon and to tell you the truth, I've never seen them advertised. They are fairly cheap in WA but I've no idea what to expect for them over here.

yea, S. spinigerus spinigerus
geckodan sells them for 180, i really want some but i thought id never fined them for sale, well, i did now, so thats really cool. i just don't know if they are class 1 in NSW, can anyone tell me???

thanks for that...DAM...there nt in, o well, I'll get Northern spinys then, any colour fases anyone likes??? white, red, brown of the S. claris claris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back