Ebay speedlites??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at them but ended up getting a couple of 580EXII instead and havnt looked back.
Let us know if you do get any of the Yongnuo, i`d be interested to see how they go.

i have one on a 50D and it works fine but its just a bit slow to charge its self between shots but the price is good ...

I don't think they work in TTL mode, which can be a bit of a curveball if you've never used speedlights before and have to learn how to use them manually from the start.

But then again, if you were using radiotriggers then you'd be using them manually anyway. I'm thinking of buying a few of the Cactus V5 triggers, and might buy one or two of these flashguns to give my nikons a rest when I'm doing studio macro stuff.

Ive got a couple of the 460's that i use +as slave strobes fired by wireless triggers like you are thinking of doing, i also have a 580ex that i use as a main flash. For providing extra light as a second strobe they are ok, but i wouldn't recommend them as a stand alone unit.

I bought one of these a couple of weeks back as my first speedlight, and they're pretty cool. Still going take a bit to get use to, but it should be fun to learn :)
I'm yet to get use to shooting with one, let alone 2+ others lol. Good luck with them, let us know how they go.
All I can say is, mine works well, but as Bradchip said, they don't run on TTL, only on Manual S1 & S2 (whatever they are :s )

Tameah...I should try to organize buying some radio triggers soon. I think they're cross compatible with Nikon/canon. Means you'll be able to use my lights when I show you how to do some macro. Will make things much easier :D

I bought a Yongnuo TC80 remote for 40D and it's pretty good. And a lot cheaper than the Canon branded TC80N3 remote cable.

If their speedlights as good then why not, IMO the price of Canon cameras and lenses and accessories are WAY OVER priced here in Oz.

The other option is to buy your Canion speedlight if you must have one, on the gray market or from a major retailor in the USA. (You'll likely save a significant fraction of the price here and you'll not be hit with the GST either).

I agree that both Canon and Nikon in Australia are overpriced, especially considering most retailers didn't even really drop any prices given the strength of the aussie dollar (and they wonder why people buy stuff online).

DD Photographics isn't too bad to deal with if you don't mind buying grey market. I've never had a problem with them, and you can even pick stuff up (if you live in Sydney).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back