Energy efficient heating???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethkota

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any energy efficient heating for pythons?? I've just added up rougly what our lights are using in 24hrs and i knew they were using a bit but didn't realise just how much. Any wonder i'm not saving anything on our solar power. So is there such thing as energy efficient lighting?? Figuring that they won't produce as much heat but thought there is no harm in asking.

Kasey

making a tiled heat box/pad would be a fair bit cheaper then running lights or heat emitters .

Yeah i was thinking heat mats would be better. 4 of the smaller guys use heat cords, but the 4 bigger ones have heat/uv lights.

Yeah i was thinking heat mats would be better. 4 of the smaller guys use heat cords, but the 4 bigger ones have heat/uv lights.
yeah the way i see it , if a heat mat is good enough for tubs/click clacks then why wouldnt it be good enough for full size enclosures.

I've always found it's cheaper to heat the whole room, rather than have every enclosure heater on full ball.

Setting up multiple enclosures on a single heat cord

We've got 4 in tubs on a single heat cord but the other 4 are too big to be in tubs and are in enclosures. And wasn't sure if a heat mat would be sufficient heat for the enclosures.

ceramic heat emmiters do what snowman is talking about
They are 100% heat and NEED to be on a thermostat, otherwise they cook ur animal, something like that...

Will

Thanks for the input everyone.

I've always found it's cheaper to heat the whole room, rather than have every enclosure heater on full ball.

The room that they are in has a reverse cycle air con it but i worry that some would be warmer than others. As there are 5 snakes and a bearded on one side of the room (and they are situated under the air con) and 3 snakes, 2 pygmy bearded and a shingleback on the other side of the room.

Think i'll look into getting some heat mats. Just will be a bit pricey up front cause i would need probably 3 at first.

Placing a tile on top of heat cord or heat mat is great as the heat source will heat the tile up and once thermostat turns heat source off the tile will retain the heat longer, which means heat source is on for shorter periods of time! Tiles also disperse the heat evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back