EVIL ANTS!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey..
Well It has been raining here lately...so my outdoor enclosure (containing a baritji) has been totally invaded by ants!!!!! There a literally millions of them they are every where.....and when I found them this morning I had to move out my baritji..coz they were attacking him!!! (hes OK).. SO i was wondering how can I get rid of these ants PERMENTLY??? Without hurting the baritji?????????
CHeers

From previous experience with ants and birds brodie, I'd have to say with extreme dificulty. A water moat around the cage is about the only chemical free way that I know of.

move your enclosure inside
get to know the ants better and maybe they will leave?

sorry i dont realy have a clue :wink:

i think it is nobojono except the food requirement (1000 ants a day) isnt exactly an easy to keep up with.

borrow an ant eater from the zoo, not cheap though, $45 a half day!

In all seriousness, I would call an bug eliminator and ask his advice, advice is free, well usually!

OK yea I have moved him inside...but I would rather him be in the outside cage coz its 5ft long!!!!!!! so any other suggestions?
Cheers
PS.I know someone up here that keeps a thorny devil........its so mad!!!! He feeds it on normal ants ya find in ya backyard............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back