EWD's enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if it is good to have a baby eastern water dragon is ok with have an enclosure that is taller than longer??

Thank you,
Bayley

As long as it has branches to climb on ad water deep enough to submerge itself

I know it's not "necessary" but try to give it enough room in the water to swim around in. My two EWD (one of whom has been rehomed as he was being attacked by my turtle and I didn't have enough room to give him a decent size tank of his own) both like to swim, even the one who's missing half his tail and one leg(I got him that way). Stompy has about 1.5 square feet of water, just deep enough for him to submerge in. He loves swimming, but he's not very good at it because he's missing vital swimming parts, so I can't have the water too deep. When I had him, Not Stompy had a full 4foot tank worth of water (shared with the turtle) and he used every inch of it.

I have a 6 month old EWD who spends most of his time up high as they are largely arboreal reptiles...

As previously mentioned they spend a great deal of time in the water so these needs should be met also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back