Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what is your favourtie carpet python (morelia) species to keep & like the look of???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fabregasreptiles

Reaction score
hey guys,

just wondering what your favourite carpet python (morelia) species is???? which one do you find most enjoyable to keep and fun to watch.

just click your answer on the poll and we will see which carpet python species is the most popular to keep!!

i did not add gtp and rough scaled python as some people cannot keep these as they are class 2 in some states

thanks and enjoy

What about chondros, oenopellis or roughies?

Why high yellow diamonds? I wanted to choose low yellow diamonds or normal diamonds but there was no option so I didn't vote.

Last edited:
oh. sorry. didnt mean to put high yellow diamodns there. i will try change it asap as it should say all diamonds and not high yellow. sorry.

and for gtp and roughies and oenpellis, in some states they are class 2 and therefore not everyone can keep them and also oenpellis are very rare in captivity so i have left these ones out. Well, by your answer, i presume you keep oenpellis rock python??? coz if you do, that would be very special. do u??

i couldn't change the poll so from now on: MORELIA SPILOTA SPILOTA (DIAMOND PYTHON) IS JUST ANY TYPE OF DIAMOND PYTHON INCLUDING INTEGRADES WITH DIAMONDS, BLACK DIAMONDS, BLACK AND WHIE DIAMONDS, BLAK AND YELLOW DIAMONDS, AND HIGH YELLOW DIAMONDS. All of these fall under morelia spilota spilota. sorry for the mistake

Fair enough, nah I don't keep them, I just wanted to know why they were not an option because people might like them the best. I missed your info in your first post as well, just saw it. I just voted.

yeah. true. but its about how much you like keeping them aswell so i had to make it fair for everyone.

thanks

good luck in getting one. beautiful snakes though. just to let you know, you can vote different options as some people may have 2 or 3 favourties

update:
1st--bredli's
2nd-- diamonds and jungles
3rd--coastals

keep the votes comming, we want some big results

hrd to say i love jungles, south west carpets have alot of potential and are quiet different from the other carpets they seem to have a really boxy head, and people are doing wonderfull stuff with coastal carpet morphs like stripes, caramels, jags coastals never appealed to me till they started looking so damn good

are they not carpet pythons???? coz they have morelia in their scientific name....... im sure your right though

so. common guys, vote and post your reasons away!!!!!!!

They aren't carpet pythons ;)

I didn't read the title I just saw the words morelia and favourite. then saw they were missing, I decided to be a bit critical cause I was gonna choose roughie lol my mistake.

I voted diamond, they are my favourite "carpet python" my favourite are the ones you get around mid north coast, so much variation, much like coastal which I would choose second. I do like the look of a lot of others too. but don't keep the others and don't plan on it either.

Bredli and imbricata are not spilota are they? they are still called carpets though? thats why I hate common names, to much confusion!

so then whats the bredli. a carpet python or not.... anyways, lets keep voting and posting your reasons for the morelia species you chose.

which species will win

Not all Morelia are carpets. If I had to choose a favourite carpet python I'd choose coastals but if I had to choose a favourite Morelia I'd choose roughies...hands down the best pythons out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back