first big elapid and other herps (pic heavy!)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys, just putting up some pics of 2 trips i had.
one not to far from me (western suburbs) and went to echuca (nvic) aswell.
in my day in the western suburbs it was sunny and jacky dragons, robust striped skinks and black rock skinks were very common on rocks basking, but with my point and shoot i had to get close for a shot and they ran away when i was within a 5m :/., so sorry if the pics came out crap :/

first of all, found this big beauty (1.2m brown) on a walking path, it was about 30cm away from my feet and i only got 2 horrible pics before it slithered away, i was really happy seeing it and they are awesome snakes :D

DSC02269.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

as i said jacky dragons were common, but very difficult to get photos of, found this one earlier on in the day so it wasnt as active :)

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

this was a baby one (tinyyy, bout 6cm) basking on a rock

DSC02204.jpg

only pic i got of a robust striped skink :p - these were one of my main focus there but failed, will have to back soon and try again !

DSC02197.jpg

black rock skink - this one was annoying, i climbed up on the rock it was on after snapping this crap pic, and waited for it to come out of its crevice, as soon as it did some kid ran up to it while i was trying to get a pic and scared it off :/

DSC02215.jpg

bluey

DSC02183.jpg

little whip snake

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

also saw a tiny banjo frog there which i was happy as ive never seen them before

DSC02266.jpg

DSC02265.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02251.jpg

now for echuca -just saw frogs and one gecko as i went to the floodplains for herping-

a BIG banjo frog

DSC02604.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

hehe like this photo
DSC02415.jpg

perons tree frog (other pics) - MUCH better photos here --- http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-reptiles-40/litoria-peronii-pics-video-171607/

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

spotted marsh frogs were common, but i find them hard to get pics of :/

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02186.jpg

and a nice but dirty one :/
DSC02482.jpg

and i was happy to find these, Barking marsh frog - Limnodynastes fletcheri, they were found with the spotted marsh frogs but in a ratio of about 1/7000 :p - only found 2 all up
i got WAYY better photos of them but i cant find where i put them!!

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02605.jpg

so yeah, not my best photography ever :/, but still found some new species id like to share :D

Nick mate you've found some amazing animals. Stunning brown and frogs!

thanks guys :D ... and thanks josh :p

heres a pic of a marbled gecko

DSC026078.png

and the videos!

Marbled gecko
[video=youtube;f-Ao8nItoYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Ao8nItoYQ[/video]

Small banjo frog
[video=youtube;ybm57In5PxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybm57In5PxY[/video]

Big banjo frog
[video=youtube;Mif8z-XkmTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mif8z-XkmTU[/video]

Perons tree frog
[video=youtube;vVolzQR5BHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVolzQR5BHs[/video]

Nice on mate. I like to see younger people taking an interest outside of their captive animals.
I like the P. flagellum.
Your threads are getting better! which can only mean that your field skills are getting better and the time and effort you put in is paying of, so keep it up.

`Some good finds seems your a frog lover thats ok though

thanks heaps guys :),
yeah i love being out in the bush, seeing as i live in the city i make the most of every second im in there :)
im pretty annoyed how most of the lizard and snake pics came out though :|

pythrulz: i love all herps equally :p, its just that frogs are more co-operative when it comes to pics :p

I can tell where that black rock skink pic was taken!! It's great up there isn't it.... they are running around everywhere.

Nice work Nick great images/finds and cheers for posting for us to view time and again ;) Def worth reading,... well looking at least :p

LOL, the better you get at taking photo's the more annoyed you become.

thanks guys :)

yeah Jay i love that spot, ive only been there twice and found heaps of herps there already, though i only found a couple of black rocks skinks, have to find a different spot there!
haha Elapidae thats true :p

Good work and nice pics.
Its great to see herps around Melbourne.
I would love to see some wild jackies for myself.

Good work and nice pics.
Its great to see herps around Melbourne.
I would love to see some wild jackies for myself.

the spot i went to there was HEAPS of jackies if you knew where to look!

@jordan: yeah the brown was VERY nice, i found a dead one today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back