Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeWright

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have decided to get an inland carpet python for my first snake. I heard they r a good 4 beginers. Any advise??

bredli are a good choice for a first snake :)
Hardy pythons which are easy to care for and generally settle down pretty quickly.

Other than bredli,
Any Antaresia - stimsons, spotteds, childrens etc are all good beginner's snakes.
Also coastals and MD's. Diamonds are apparently not as hardy as the other pythons I've listed but you shouldn't have any probs with them. There is plenty of information out there.

I have decided to get an inland carpet python for my first snake. I heard they r a good 4 beginers. Any advise??

Inland carpets are great first snakes. I have heard the Gammons Ranges carpets can be rather bitey. Two ppl I know who have the Gamons both say how bitey they are. But the Murray Darlings have an excellent reputation for temperament, hardy and an easy to care for snake. They do grow into a large snake. Can you afford to accomodate and feed a large snake? Yes to both these questions then go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Go for it!!!!!!:D See if you can find a local breeder, don't use pet shops if possible. They are great first pythons, they can be bitey as hatchys like all pythons but clam down quickly.:D

i got a murray darling as my first python earlier this year and can absolutely recommend them, they are a great first snake.infact they are that good im eagerly awaiting the hatchies early next year to get another.now ive had him a while i can read his body language a little better and the only time i dont hadle him is when he is coming into a shed as he gets a little grumpy,but that said they are easy to care for mine likes a hot end of about 30-31 and about 25-26 down the cool end he eats readily and is a joy to own cheers troy

Unless you can read, and absorb information at a basic level, do not get a Diamond, even though you live in Diamond territory.:lol:

I think you should stick with the one you really want but not the Diamond for a first snake, My first was a Bredli and now I have a Coastal as well.:lol:

I will say this though, you won't stop at 1, it seems to be contagious.

Good luck all the way, and enjoy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back