Fluorescent light fitting cover.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B_STATS

Hi :) This is my first post on the site and unfortunately I cannot seem to load the photo I wanted to add which is SUPER frustrating. So I'll have to describe it instead. I am modifying my first reptile enclosure for a Jungle Carpet and have hit a slight snag. The person that built the base shell of the enclosure added a 4 foot long fluorescent light fitting to the top back wall (It was obviously designed for a Dragon or Monitor and not a tricky Python) and I'm trying to figure out how to effectively cover it so I may use it for lighting. I have looked around for the regular light coverings you can buy but haven't found a 4 foot one for fluorescent fittings AND one that will cover only the three sides showing. (Right, bottom and front sides). Does anyone have any suggestions for a non-conventional yet effective covering?

Go to Bunnings get a roll of bird mesh, think its 30cm wide and has 5mm squares and make a cage.

I had thought of that. I'll just have to be careful not to leave spiky bits on it. How do you connect it though? Screws don't seem to work when I picture it... Perhaps nails bent over the mesh..? Thanks.

I had thought of that. I'll just have to be careful not to leave spiky bits on it. How do you connect it though? Screws don't seem to work when I picture it... Perhaps nails bent over the mesh..? Thanks.

Try fencing staples.

those pre made fluro covers are no good for you?
I have one. It's solid and does the job if fitted correctly. ie/ screwed in place flush with the wall or ceiling.

Oh the pre-made ones are fine but they're designed to cover the entire light where this fitting is stuck in the top, back corner so I'd have to cut two sides off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back