Found this little guy on my front door step

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have heap of AHG and I've seen many the same size as this guy. It looked nothing like the baby AHG's I've seen

It had four toes and they were quite large for the size of the gecko. It head which is nit very well defined in the photo was more bulbous than young AHG's that I have seen

Cheers all. So going on majority vote it is an ahg after all. Pretty cool colouring, kinda sucks that it's pest.

This is what I love about reptiles. We have heaps of these guys around but ive never seen these colours

Well yes the majority vote says AHG, but I am still curious about this little guy so if you see him again and are able to please take some quality pictures to help aid in ID. Until then AHG it is.

In my experiences Gecko identifictaion can not be ruled out because of the species being öut of range". My local antique shop is home to hundreds of gecko's. They arrive in furniture and boxes from all over the country. I spotted a couple down there last year and the lady told me they were "disgusting creatures" and that she often "hit them with a broom". Honestly on any given day I could walk into that store and find at least 20 species of gecko. A dozen or so of which would not be local.
It would only take one person to buy a piece of furniture containing a pair of gecko's, take it home and wah-lah, the pair create a new colony totally seperate from their local regions.
Just saying....
Aaron

In my experiences Gecko identifictaion can not be ruled out because of the species being öut of range". My local antique shop is home to hundreds of gecko's. They arrive in furniture and boxes from all over the country. I spotted a couple down there last year and the lady told me they were "disgusting creatures" and that she often "hit them with a broom". Honestly on any given day I could walk into that store and find at least 20 species of gecko. A dozen or so of which would not be local.
It would only take one person to buy a piece of furniture containing a pair of gecko's, take it home and wah-lah, the pair create a new colony totally seperate from their local regions.
Just saying....
Aaron

I have been told of (yet to confirm it myself) of a breeding colony of Binoei's Geckos within Newcastle. Gecko displacement is quite a common thing, especially with common species. However 20 species in the one shop does sound somewhat huge.

I have been told of (yet to confirm it myself) of a breeding colony of Binoei's Geckos within Newcastle. Gecko displacement is quite a common thing, especially with common species. However 20 species in the one shop does sound somewhat huge.

This particular Antique Shop has over a dozen rooms. It used to be an old bakery with living quarters out the back. They also double up as removalists so there is always stock coming from all over the country and being housed in further rooms out the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back