Freighting Frogs....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilife

Reaction score
I really need some advice please!
I have some small tree frogs (Litoria Ewingii) which I have sold and a buyer is asking me to 'post' them.
How can frogs be transported? Can they be sent via regular mail if packaged safely? Has anyone freighted frogs before?
Any advice VERY welcome!

A cricket containor with wet paper towl then inside foam box in another box l
all with air wholes

Thanks monique18026, I know they can be packaged-up safely,
but wondering if they can go through the post or whether they have to go via courier?

having had a partner that worked in the aus post... send them via courier. Dont use TNT. Make sure the person on the other end is there to sign for them. Dont expect that their container wont be tipped upside down regardless of what you write aaaaall over the box. Or that it will be treated gently. A courier is a pain in the butt to set up unless your work takes a lot of things via courier... but its better than going through auspost... I would only send inverts through them, even then only if the inverts were tiny.
I don't know whether its legal or not but I do know that a lot of people do it. I've had many inverts sent through the post :)

L.ewingi are quite delicate little frogs, they won't like the heat we are getting this time of year especially if popped into a letterbox on a hot day. Spare no expense to get them freighted with as little stress as possible.

L.ewingi are quite delicate little frogs, they won't like the heat we are getting this time of year especially if popped into a letterbox on a hot day. Spare no expense to get them freighted with as little stress as possible.

Yes I was certainly going to avoid them traveling during a hot spell, but I think you're right... better to shell-out the bickies and have them travel quickly and safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back