Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie210

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been thinking of getting a pair of Frill Neck Lizards, late next year-early 2010. Mum has agreed to allow them, so i will start saving after i have gotten the carpets. Well i do know a few things about them, but some things i don't, i wont need to go into the breeding side of things just yet, as i am not going to breed them straight away, but things i need help on his like housing, temps and other thinggs, if you have any care sheetss, or general tips and things that would be awsome! i would also like pictures of them, and perhaps of the enclosures, i really like Frillys as they are a good Aussie Reptile Emblem, other than the big salty!
Thanks guys,
Chris

Think of outdoor pits if you have the room
The best for UV and general health.
You are from Bundy so a trip to "Snakes Downunder" in Childers. A reptile park, and the owner, Ian, has Frillies in out door pits and you can talk to him about keeping them. A great guy and willing to talk to you.

Here is a photo of pits we use
Good luck

Attachments

• DSCF1424.JPG
    DSCF1424.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 172
Think of outdoor pits if you have the room
The best for UV and general health.
You are from Bundy so a trip to "Snakes Downunder" in Childers. A reptile park, and the owner, Ian, has Frillies in out door pits and you can talk to him about keeping them. A great guy and willing to talk to you.

Here is a photo of pits we use
Good luck
umm could you tell me more about that park?As i am in WA??
--
And haha yeh mr bredli got that one, read it twice last nigth, i found it really really good

Oh yep you answered while i posted ok i thought there wasnt one like that over here, yeh i will go to a local one, i will be going to one in about 5 weeks to get my snake sexed by one so yeh i will ask them then

But over here they are Category 4, which we are applying for in February :) i found the herpshops care sheet really well written, is there anyway i can comment to them?

Hey cjpossom, what would be the best sized outdoor enclosure to fit in a suburban backyard for a pair or trio of them?

The ones I have seen are around 4 meters in diameter, I think that will be ok for a male and female, but NOT 2 males.
Also have a few logs so they can all climb without piggybacking

Hey guys,
I have been thinking of getting a pair of Frill Neck Lizards, late next year-early 2010. Mum has agreed to allow them, so i will start saving after i have gotten the carpets. Well i do know a few things about them, but some things i don't, i wont need to go into the breeding side of things just yet, as i am not going to breed them straight away, but things i need help on his like housing, temps and other thinggs, if you have any care sheetss, or general tips and things that would be awsome! i would also like pictures of them, and perhaps of the enclosures, i really like Frillys as they are a good Aussie Reptile Emblem, other than the big salty!
Thanks guys,
Chris
Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie210
Hey guys,
Thanks guys,
Chris

bump

Yes i did, i tried that, and have gotten answers, but i made a thread so i can find out more, as they are a Category 4 reptile on our license system, so they must be harder to keep than what i have, so i want to find out as much info as i can so that i dont fail in keeping them-enclosure pics too if that could help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back