frog id.....please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beckie

Reaction score
:)
frog.jpg

I think its a spotted marsh frog, Limnodynastes something.

I dunno about the spotted part but deffs looks like a Limnodynastes

---------- Post added 15-Jan-11 at 04:15 PM ----------

Looking at some pics it looks like a flat-headed frog but that would be nuts. LOL

Could be Limnodynastes fletcheri, barking marsh frog or Limnodynastes tasmaniensis, spotted marsh frog. They both have similar markings but I haven't seen a picture of either with the exact look of this one. It would be handy to know where it was found. You could post the pics over at www.frogs.org.au. for an expert opinion.

It is a Spotted Marsh Frog.
I was comparing it to pictures of the Long-thumbed frog and the Barking Marsh Frog, and found a similarity to the Long-thumbed frog (the blotch between the eyes), but considered it to my late Spotted Marsh, and since the blotches, like mine, were green, it's most likely a Spotted Marsh Frog.

I'm no expert, though.

Not sure, Danny...
In a way, my signature's a wishlist, but I'm going to be searching for L. aurea or L. raniformis as soon as I do the tanks.

Limnodynastes tasmaniensis, Spotted Marsh frog

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

thanks everyone,i went to my local reptile shop and someone had given the frog to him.....he didn't want it and gave it to me but didn't know where it came from.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back