Frog ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonOwner25

Reaction score
Hey guys, found this little fella earlier in the year, and still haven't got an ID on it yet. I found it near the small town of Cann River in East Gippsland, Victoria. It looks like a Barking marsh frog to me, but they aren't described in this area of Victoria.

Attachments

• MattClancyFrogID.jpg
    MattClancyFrogID.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 150
Definitely a Common Froglet, Crinia signifera. Some have a bumpy appearance, they are very variable.

I would say Crinia signifera. The length and width of the snout in relation to the head is indicative. It will have been only 2 or 3 cm in length. The belly would have be granular, with black pigment networked over white pigment - quite distinctive of Crinia species.

As for texture - there are different morphs, one of which is fairly plain and smooth with maybe a few small warts. The others are rough.

Blue

I would say Crinia signifera. The length and width of the snout in relation to the head is indicative. It will have been only 2 or 3 cm in length. The belly would have be granular, with black pigment networked over white pigment - quite distinctive of Crinia species.

As for texture - there are different morphs, one of which is fairly plain and smooth with maybe a few small warts. The others are rough.

Blue

Yep that's exactly how it looked, signifera it is! cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back