Gehyra thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I thought Id start a thread for this genus as they dont get shown off that much which imo is a great shame.

Cheers Josh

Here is my pair of G.variegata's

d1.jpg

d.jpg

Hey Josh do those calcium sacs reduce in size as the gecko goes through the breeding season?

Yeah they shrink down to almost nothing by the end of the breeding season.
That pic was taken last night so they are quite big in preparation for a season of egg production, she is also currently gravid with a single egg, her first this season.
She is due to lay in about 4 days.
She will need all that calcium and then some as last season she laid 10 clutches, each 11-14 days apart.

Wow that's nice going :) and 2 weeks apart ay, So do you bulk up her calcium before the season or as you see fit?

Wow that's nice going :) and 2 weeks apart ay, So do you bulk up her calcium before the season or as you see fit?
Yeah they are quite productive, normally its about 11-12 days.
Pretty much I dust all of her feeds with calcium as they need it a lot more than non hard shelled species.

Cheers Josh

She laid last night but when I found it this morning it was swarming with ants, I don't know how they manage to avoid them in the wild considering they rarely bury their eggs.
Oh well Ill just have to wait until the next clutch and in the mean time Im going medieval on some ant mounds lol

Last edited:
Here's one we tentatively identified G. Punctata

G. Dubia, eastern dtellas.

Attachments

• Eastern Dtella - Breeding pair.JPG
    Eastern Dtella - Breeding pair.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Eastern Dtella - Hatchie  (2).JPG
    Eastern Dtella - Hatchie (2).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 75
  • eastern dtella.JPG
    eastern dtella.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 70
Super kool, they must be sooo tiny. The 2nd pics in the OP looks like she's on roids mate :D

thanks geckoman 20 diffrent types is awesome i currently keep a fair few knobtails but looking to expand into a few diffrent species the gecko bug has got me at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back