general info wanted for a new owner!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kattie16

Reaction score
Hi guys, i know you must get sick of newbies but i wont be one forever so i'd appreciate advice from those who know what your talkin about.

Im interested in getting my first snake, this isnt an impulse buy ive been interested for a couple years now. I want to do alot of research before i make the big step.

All the advice ive found has seemed to be on illegal pythons/ snakes in Australia ( ie ball pythons. corn snakes etc)

As a beginner im obviously interested in a breed thats known to be relatively docile, reasonable in size and not a complicated-to-keep breed.

Also as a newbie i'd like your opinions on free roaming. theres always alot of debate on this ie not at all, only when supervised, etc

thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Howdy, if you go to the tips for newbies thread you will get lots of great advice. I've asked heaps of questions and they helped me out heaps. Good Luck.

For ease - the children family meet all your requirements. Small, easy going, smaller caging, smaller food size, easy to breed can be tricky to get some to feed but thats 1/2 the challenge.
Or for the unique a Rough Scaled Python (a good feeding one) totally awesome natured and totally interesting.
But for pure enjoyment and personality i don't think you can go past woma's, they are by far my favourite species.

just don't be scared of being bitten.
it's gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back