Goldfish help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny can't you see it's just not me saying your wrong...you do need to research a little buddy...after your pm's stating you don't test for anything other than Ph showed me your lack of knowledge and calling me a fake and a retard well there's a bunch of immaturity right there. The poor lady need help not a slagging from you just saying bung them in they'll be fine. No one has said over feeding is ok,...please point out where anyone has said that.

Goldfish and Carp are worlds away from each other from selective breeding. Bodies of water are completely different from the household tank. To say ammonia's an issue in only tropical tanks is almost laughable hence Echiopsis reply to this thread. Your fighting a loosing battle here my friend best you do a bit of reading.

A Penguin is related to a Pelican, doesnt mean they can both fly. You oviously have no grasp of the nitrogen cycle at all, put a Euro Carp in a glass box full of ammonia and itll die just like most other fish.

you know its wrote pH.... you need to do some simple chemistry. I'm not getting angry at her and I was offering some advice. some more might be to take them back to the shop if they are anything like the ones in Adelaide she will get a refund. not only that but she didn't say that she hadn't fed them until after my post. Last but not least you were being as immature as I was so lets not spread a PM onto the main forum mkay?

And yes a penguin is related to a pelican but not as closely as a carp to a goldfish you know that right. they were separated by millions of years of evolution and made different sacrifices to survive goldfish are domesticated and much closer to carp.

Well, can tell your 17, never say die eh? Ultimately the difference to carp is irrelavent, your verbal diarrhoea will just result in more dead fish. Do yourself a favour and punch 'nitrogen cycle' into google, better yet, dont post when your obviously incapable of grasping simple concepts :lol:

A nitrogen cyle in a aquarium is like that in an eco system plants can add or subtract nitrogen from an environment, this happens on land too, most people who buy a tank use physical filtration which doesnt extract the ammonia which is a form of nitrogen. thats why they make bio filters such as matrix. this is not from google mind you. GOLD FISH ARE KEPT IN BOWLS by americans. A goldfish released into the wild had been caught at a massive size it survived like a carp in the wild!
images
wow it survived in possibly harsh conditions. not only this but when a carp is in a billabong they eat away at plant roots which stuffs up the nitrogen cycle. the plant dies and then in the case of eucalyptus it releases oil into the water, months later it dries out and the carp is found flapping about in a tiny puddle. alive after all this. HARDY all I was getting at. GOLDFISH ARE A CARP I have seen them survive kids pulling them out of a fish tank and throwing them into peoples faces. I have seen many people chuck them in a bowl when they get home and then came back weeks later to see it still alive hence me saying SHE'LL BE RIGHT MATE.

The picture you have uploaded shows you still don't have much of a clue sunshine,...its a koi carp NOT a goldfish,...sorry to say once again WRONG...Give up Danny your not helping your cause mate.

They are goldfish chuck em in and they will be alright the ammonia issues are generally only faced with tropical aquariums.
everything you have stated in this above section of quote is complete dribble, if you don't know, don't answer.

People who just "chuck" goldfish into a bowl and they survive are "just" lucky.
It's not just simply the ammonia and nitrite being there that kills the fish, it's the speed in which it changes.
A carp in a billabong of hundreds and thousands of liters has the advantage of being able to adapt to changing conditions as the buffering capacity of a body of water that large is massive, and it may take days or weeks for the ammonia and nitrite levels to reach undesirable levels whereas in a bowl or fish tank your ammonia can go from 0-8 overnight, fish of all sorts dont Handle quick changes in water chemistry well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back