GUilty till proven innocent...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if you're joking now...

Go watch In the Name of the Father and Catch a Fire and then re-comment on it - it's a very similar circumstance whether this man is guilty or not!

"In The name of the Father" is one of my favorite movies, but is different to this situation. In the movie Daniel Day Lewis doesn't know the bombers, doesn't try to leave the country, his whole family is drag into it, the whole thing is fabricated.
Just a little bit different I think.

Should he be released and wait and see if he dose anything.
The fellow who did the last lot of school shootings in America was under suspicion by his teachers and nothing was done and look what happened.

No - it's not a science experiment with terrorist lab rats... it's a human life - I didn't once say he's not guilty... I just said he's already been given a guilty verdict without even going to court.

i am saying that - just like In The Name Of The Father and Catch A Fire there are similarities to this case.

Now, if media hadn't gone ahead and posted this mans picture and name all over the world, then, should he be innocent, then he can go back to his normal life with his one way ticket to Bangalore.

Should he be proven guilty - then the whole world shoudl knwo what a heinous man he is and he should be given the full penalty of the law (not like reptile smugglers who get almost no penalty).

Yep - 40 years jail - no parole period - no chance to hurt people in the world... Or what ever it is that a supposed terrorist gets.

But he didn't deserve what he has got (just yet). And that's my point... Not that he's innocent, not that he's guilty - but he's guilty until proven innocent and that is unfair!!!

No stone should not be over turned and possible terrorist held too short of a time ,

untill all imformation clears anyone suspected of this activity,

Bali is still fresh in my mind ,

Guilt by association, is preferable to doing nothing, and the possible ramifications. as for racism, these are the people who are blowing people up. FACT!! Plenty enough circumstantial evidence to keep him till hes classed safe.

Are you sure your name is spelt correctly? Should the red be in the first part of the name?

So on saying that racist little slur - all cockneys are whinging pomes? Would that be correct too?

So this guy is guilty right - he had a one way ticket to bangalore - he was of the right race and religion to be a terrorist... oh wait - IRA - are they muslims? nope...???

Oh - there could be other races that are terrorist you know?

These are the people blowing people up - FACT??? Really - have you re-read the stats on how many dead iraqi civilians there are - and iraqi people - all because America are 'blowing people up' (oh, and Australia and England).

Come on - see a bit of the light here - this guy may in fact be the worlds worst terrorist - but until you prove that don't jump to any conclusions like the media do.

I agree dont name him and show his pic until found guilty. Fair enough, but hold him as long as needs to make sure they have it right. Then if hes guilty name him and shame him but people have been protected. If hes innocent let him go and know is any wiser. I have muslim friends that agree with this and have said that they can fully understand the paranoia, they too look sideways at some other muslims they know and dont want to risk anything like the attacks happening here.

C'mon guys he has been charged now and my spine was chilled when i heard what he has allegedly done.

Can you imagine the destruction that could be caused by giving a sim card to the worng person??

It is pretty absurd, it's like being able to detonate a bomb just by dialling a number on a mobile, as if that can be done.

I never got any of those options with my mobile phone. i guess you have to buy a new one with updated features like "My Bombs" and "Recently Detonated Bombs". Mine only came with messages and caller ID :(

Ooooh.. do the pick ups on the bombs have caller ID?

Still, what are some of these spine chilling things he's done waruikazi?

'Reckless support'

Police will allege Gold Coast doctor Mohamed Haneef supported a terrorist organisation by "recklessly" giving his mobile phone SIM card to people planning car bomb attacks in the UK.

"The specific allegation involves recklessness rather than intention," Australian Federal Police Commissioner Mick Keelty told reporters in Canberra today.

"The allegation being that he was reckless about some of the support he provided to that group, in particular the provision of his SIM card for the use of the group."

And I still stand by my original words that this man was named GUILTY before proven - well... before proven anything! He's being charged but hasn't been found guilty as of yet (I guess).

well surprise surprise he has been charged, fancy that. Trust me what you see in the paper and news etc is not always exactly precise (make that rarely) and there is a lot more to it when someone gets charged with offences. The media only gets a little bit of the whole picture as many details are confidential.
Also due to the circumstances he was obviously a flight risk if they had released him.
jas

I agree dont name him and show his pic until found guilty. Fair enough, but hold him as long as needs to make sure they have it right. Then if hes guilty name him and shame him but people have been protected. If hes innocent let him go and know is any wiser. I have muslim friends that agree with this and have said that they can fully understand the paranoia, they too look sideways at some other muslims they know and dont want to risk anything like the attacks happening here.

Sounds good in theory, but i think it would be hard to keep it a secret.
The authorities need to question people in relation to it, they search his apartment, confiscate his car and computer for forensic reasons. Even if the authorities don't name him, people will catch on and figure it out and the media will find out somehow.

Unfortunately our media leave a lot ot be desired. I believe they should be made more accountable for their actions. I have heard of raids on places under the utmost secrecy and no one would be any the wiser.

I must say Im happy they did eventually find some evidence. And having some understanding of the legal issues there would have had to have been some pretty good evidence. He also new what the politiacl climate is like at present and perhaps should have been more thoughtfull about his actions and his associates given the paranoia that is felt throughout the world at the moment. It is well documented that even an inocent joke on an plane can land you in big trouble.

Hypothetical:

I'm a medical professional who has been employed in the middle east due to a shortage of qualified medical practioners.

I get visa (professional) allowing me to stay for as long as I want because of my skills.

I decide I want to go to Australia to visit my relatives. Naturally no visa is required to go to Australia because I'm Australian.

I check prices on the internet and find the most cost effective way to travel to Australia is to buy a one way ticket - I'll buy the return ticket in Australia because it is a lot cheaper.

The police turn up on my doorstep and arrest me because I purchased a one way ticket stating this is an unusual practice.

I get held in a jail in the middle east (this is a hypothetical situation remember) pending charges.

Many days pass - the authorities just keep extending the maximum period they can detain me without charges because they state I might be a terrorist.

After almost 2 weeks, the authorities charge me for giving a sim card to a relative (it's much cheaper than giving him my phone) and I've got a phone I paid a couple of thousand dollars for.

Hypothetically, it is not me in this scenario, it is one of your relatives - or worse still your children.

Imagine the world without hypothetical situations..

That last statement "Imagine the world without hyptohetical situations" is infact hypothetical???

Yes, all good points S_V - but... you forget one point... He's Indian, he must be guilty - look - everyone else said so!

Personally... I still hope he's found not guilty... he is certainly being charged with the lesser charge of recklessness which to me still assumes he's innocent of an actual crime but has done something stupid. Almost like giving your car keys to a drunk person and telling him to drive home...

This man could well be the next movie Daniel Day Lewis stars in. Well, I don't know what the police know - I'm not even sure the police know what they need to know - but how else can they keep him without charging him?

Hmmm slim arent you just as guilty if you give your keys to a drunk friend and tell them to drive home and they kill somene on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back