Height or Width?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blake_814

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I have a 3ft long glass tank and 1ft wide, I want to move my diamond pyrthon in there. I was thinking of turning the tank on its side so it is 3ft high, and a 1ft by 1ft floor, this way there could be heaps of branches in there etc. I think my DP is small for its age also, so would height or width of the tank be more beneficial?

Thanks. :)

Hey Blake How old and how long is your snake now..................do you know the specs for enclosures.........1/2 the length of the snake and then 1/2 that again for the width etc.............unless your snake is very tiny, the floor won't give anywhere near enough space. Remember you need to put in a hide and a water dish so what space will that leave on the floor?

I have a hide in the current enclosure but it is always on the branch above, sleeping and when it is awake.
It is 18 months old and It was sold to me as six months old, i'm hoping the guy who sold it to me meant 6 weeks though.....how big should an 18 month DP be?

i could be wrong but dont diamonds pretty much stick to the ground more than trees so wouldnt u want more floor space..

Diamonds are arboreal dukyboi, meaning they are a tree dwelling type of snake. Height is better then width. A 18 month old diamond should be around the 4 foot mark, but may be a bit bigger or smaller.

Diamonds are arboreal dukyboi, meaning they are a tree dwelling type of snake. Height is better then width. A 18 month old diamond should be around the 4 foot mark, but may be a bit bigger or smaller.

Totally agree go for height and have a nice big branch in there so your diamond can climb up nice and high

Lewy

ok my mistake it was sought of a question at the same time lol thanx

make sure you insulate it well, or provide two different heat sources ie heat lamp in tthe high area and a heatmat on the floor

Saa sorry man, id ont think a 30cm square is near enough floor space, regardless that they are predominately up a tree, floor space is still an essential. If i were in your position, just keep the tank and put in a pygmy bearded dragon, or something else thats small...

hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one BenReyn
How is that funny? He was being serious.
Ben, i agree with you, but if the diamond is undersize for its age, it would be big enough until it is around 4ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back