Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nomes

Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol:​

hi im nomes
iv just receved my reptial license and looking for a affordable snake.
And any friendly info .
catchas

Hi and Welcome to APS - I have some Port macs for sale and can help you out with an Enclosure if you need one.

As I posted in another thread earlier on, for a first snake, it really depends what you want. Would you like a smaller sized snake or a larger sized snake? Some of the best beginner snakes are from the Antaresia family (which include Children's Pythons, Spotted Pythons and Stimson's Pythons), and snakes from the Morelia spilota family (this includes your Diamond pythons, Coastal Carpet pythons, Jungle Carpet pythons, Inland Carpet pythons etc). Your Antaresia family will generally grow to about 4ft in length, being a fairly small snake. Where as your Carpet pythons will grow up to 8ft in length depending on which species you decide to keep, as the different sub species grow to different lengths.

If you are interested, I do have some hatchling Coastal carpet pythons available at the moment. If you'd like anymore info feel free to PM me.

Kane

Beware: herps are addictive and if you start looking at the photo threads on this site you will want a huge collection!!! Use the search function to find info and photos of different species. (See Herp Help and the sticky thread about first pythons.) Also get a book on husbandry so that you set up your enclosure well. This avoids so many problems... All that said, my Antaresia (stimson and spotted) were great first snakes.

Welcome to AP&S,
As MrSpike said, What sized python are you comfortable with, and then what do you like the look of, in that size range? There is no wrong answer, everyone has differant tastes, its just what you like and are happy with. Although, your 1st wont be your last lol.
As for carpets, Most are 8 foot and under Jungles, Inlands, MDs, Diamonds, Bredli, ect. but a Coastal can reach up to 12 foot, Ive included pics of my big boy 9 years apart.
Cheers Andy

Attachments

• kramer baby.jpg
    kramer baby.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 98
  • kramer 3 kids.jpg
    kramer 3 kids.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Kramer on branch.jpg
    Kramer on branch.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96
thanx all i have decided i might go with a stimsons python.

and your snake is very beautiful andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back