Help??? Shinglebacks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikep

Reaction score
THESE ARE MY FIRST SHINGLES AND I LOVE THEM BUT the humidity in my shingleback enclosure ranges from about 40% to about 60% depending on the days condition. i live literally on the east cost of sydney and finding it so hard to keep it down. i have since put a fan over the top of the enclosure as it keeps it relatively low and they are in the dryest room of the house. i have also put an extra heating source in as the fan limits the heat globe.

is the humidity to high???? i know it's different inalot of cases i have had them now for 5 days and they seem to be alright not head lifting,, eating tongue always in and out

if you could get back to me that would be great.

also do your shingles actually eat when you feed them????? as in bites and opens it's mouth. one of mine do but the other sourta does but just mainly licks at it ??? is that normal he had done that since day one so hasnt got anything to do with the humidity

hi no one is got back to me. and im getting increasingly worried. first up there behavior is normal basking in the sun eating ect. they are showing no signs of RI like lifting head up. sneezing, or nothing around its mouth. but when i open its mouth to check for saliva it has abit not around the jaw more in the center or its mouth. it's a white colour. similiar to the the saliva we get if we are dehydrated we get the sticky white stuff. any way i thought they were dehydrated so i put some water in the tank one drank alot the other didnt touch it.

but im worried about my humidity levels can SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK i am a beginner with these lizards and dont want to loose them.

other wise i will sell on the weekend if i can't get any advise.

Last edited:
Yeah my shingle licks at his food to, it all depends what your feeding them if they like it it will dissapear straight away if not it takes time. My advice get a thermostat and if that doesnt work i'm out of ideas because i'm in Vic i dont really get the humidity so mine is fine, otherwise you can always contact the person who sold you them though srry if i'm not much help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back