Help with enclosure for my snake!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grylls

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
icon_wink.gif

My snake is living in a click clack at the moment which he has well out grown!

I was bought an enclosure for him in the way of an old china cabinet.

100_2261.jpg

It looks great but the only problem I have is that it isn't really deep enough. The dimensions are 1200mm high, 1000mm wide and 300mm deep ....

If anyone has any ideas what I can do to make it deeper.. I feel I might have to change the sides of it and get rid of the glass thats in the sides and extend the base and top so they are more like 600mm. The back of it which you can see is black is acutally the back of a mirror. We pulled the mirror out and turned it around. I will probably have to change the back of it as well so that I am able to screw things into it and put vents in ..

If anyone has any idea I'm open to suggestions .. I really like the look of the cabinet but there is quite a lot of work to do to it before it seems suitable for my little mate!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks guys!!!

Hey there Harley,

Its an albino darwin carpet python .. he is just over a year old

you could turn it into a corner cabinet and you would just have to figure out how to neatly add the extra triangle into the top back corner. It would give you considerably more depth with minimal work.

You could also make a plain box for the back from MDF and attach it to your cabinet with batons at the top and bottom? It's an awesome cabinet by the way and will look pretty spiffy with a snake in it! :)

You can then pt all your vents and lighting in the back piece and you won't have to cut holes in the nice bit at the front. Wish I could find something that nice for my snake :)

Hey Guys thanks for all the replies :)

I like the idea of converting it into a corner cabinet! Only problem is I don't really have a corner in the house to put it in :p

If I was extending the back of it what would be a good depth for it? 600mm instead of 300mm?

A friend of mine said using cork board to replace the mirror at the back would mean I wouldn't have to put vents in.

I'm thinking of taking it to a cabinet makers and seeing if they can make a new top, bottom and sides for it? maybe I can put both the sides with the windows in them on one side and just a solid bit of timber on the other?

I'm not that worried about spending the money on it. I just want it to look nice :)

Hey mate I'm in Hervey Bay. Have decided to give it to a family member as they have said they like it. Just means I will have to look for something else for my snake. He will be alright in a click clack for a little while longer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back