Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon170

Reaction score
Went out today for a bit of fishing/herping with step son. The fishing wasn't great but found a variety of creatures, so I thought I'd share some pictures. If anyone can identify the little skink for me please sorry about the dodgy photo's of it but hey an 11 year old took the pics. I tried to take pics of it but it was to quick on the ground. tried to get a shot of the snakes head but it bolted into the long grass to quick. hope people enjoy

Attachments

• December2 038 shrubk.jpg
    December2 038 shrubk.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 234
  • December2 005 shrunk.jpg
    December2 005 shrunk.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 82
  • December2 031 shrunk.jpg
    December2 031 shrunk.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 112
  • December2 006 shrunk.jpg
    December2 006 shrunk.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
thats awsome.. lucky to see a red belly.. but also smart not to let your step son try catch it lol... can i ask where you went as that looks like a very good spot for reptiles..

Thanks Mr Bredli, had always caught a lot of southern water skinks but first time I had seen one of these. Left the turtle alone thought it might be nesting or something will check on the hole in a few days time. also so lots of other creatures like swans roos and wallabies. It is a big nature reserve for the endangered eastern Barred Bandicoot.

more pics

:D10 - 15 years ago used to fish here and see 5 - 10 snakes most days now have only seen the 2 this season so far. my how times change rarely used to see rro's and never wallabies now see them most times.

Attachments

• December2 036shrunk.jpg
    December2 036shrunk.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 52
  • December2 037 shrunk.jpg
    December2 037 shrunk.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 53
  • water skink shrunk.jpg
    water skink shrunk.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Snake neck how can you tell that turtles male from that shot? Not a turtle fan myself but interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back