Hi from Melbourne

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LettCat

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was visiting my friend not too long ago and he had a python. It's quite an interesting animal and I don't know if I should buy a python yet. In general I like cats, I have a boy and a girl. If I get a python, my cats will not suffer from it? And in general, is it dangerous to have a python at home? I've heard that they grow quite big.

It depends what species of python you get, some are quite small.Only 1 metre while others are larger. We used to have a cat that roamed the house looking in all the enclosures ( we have about 40 reptiles ) without any problems

It depends what species of python you get, some are quite small.Only 1 metre while others are larger. We used to have a cat that roamed the house looking in all the enclosures ( we have about 40 reptiles ) without any problems
1 meter is quite a lot :)
Your cat was probably in a bit of shock at first and then got used to reptiles :) My cats saw a snake once, they were a little freaked out.
Thanks for the reply, I understand.

Back