Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetangel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

The title says it all!

I NEED your reptiles to PHOTOGRAPH for a uni project.

I am studying visual arts at Sydney uni and for my project this year I am focusing on snakes (plus some other reptiles but mainly snakes).

The reason I want to do this is one, that i have not yet done a photographic project on snakes, and two, to raise awareness and appreciation of reptiles and snakes.
So many people do not appreciate these beautiful animals and so by creating this project i want to change that and explore the cultural side to snakes and the reasons why people may or may not like them.

So what do i need from you?

i would like to come to your house (night time/ late afternoon preferably) and have an hour of your snakes time.
I would also like to ask you a few questions about what you find interesting about your animals and why you like/dislike them.

So what do you get in return?

free photos! all i need you to do is supply a cd/dvd and all the images that i have taken of your snake you can have. they are copy right to me and will be marked in the corner with my website but other than that you can have them for free to show your friends.

Examples of what i want to do

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes/macro-photos-of-diamond-eating-103774
the photos will consist of darkness, with the reptile spot lit and emerging from the darkness.

What animals I need

I will be needing a variety of different species of snakes, the more different the bettter, but all snakes will be needed.
Pythons are the priority, but elapids, and colubrids are also needed.
also if you have any other nocturnal reptiles this would also be handy.

What to do now?

Since this is a semester long project i will be needing to start to take photos ASAP!

So if you could please post here or PM me with ur details so that i can get in contact with you to start organising a time to take the photos!!

I really need your help with this one guys, plus you get free photos.

Also forgot to mention that i will only be able to travel around the SYDNEY area. I live on the north shore but will travel some distance.

Thanks for your help:)
Cheers
Amy

www.apcphotography.com (to see some of my work)

sydney northern beaches here. :D

your free to photograph most of my reptiles. some i cant show you :D

beardies, multiple ages and colours...

pair of cunningham skinks

netted dragons.. plenty of them

hatchling pygmies

ackie

gecko's (thicky, and northern spiny)

shingleback skinks

sorry, no snakes here... but your welcome!!

EDIT: having a look at your work.. PLEASE !! LOL !!!

Good luck

I wish you all the best with your assignment but I fear you may have some hesitant herpers out there due to past thefts of valuable animals from collections.

Can I suggest contacting the local Reptile club and attending a meeting and getting to know people. They may just feel that little bit better after having met you.

You could also contact the Zoo and inform them of what you need. You might be able to get in the back house area of the reptile house. I managed to get in every back house area of Healesville Sanctuary a few years ago. It's a pity digital camera's were not around then.

yeah, those with valuable snakes might not want a stranger with there snakes.

mine are all tightly under lock and key. and i will be supervising.. lol. :D hehe.

i hope some other generous people are willing to help.

wow those are some beautiful photos! how much did you pay for the camera? must of cost a fortune to produce high quality photos as such.
i would let you come out here but i live near dubbo and i dont think you want to travel that far.
good luck!
(free bump)

wow those are some beautiful photos! how much did you pay for the camera? must of cost a fortune to produce high quality photos as such.
i would let you come out here but i live near dubbo and i dont think you want to travel that far.
good luck!
(free bump)

Yeah it was quite expensive..... i have slowly made the money back though so it is paying for itself now!
And yeah dubbo is a bit to far away :p

Thanks for the free bumb :p

can't help you there sorry but good luck with the photos by the sound of things they are fantstic

would love to help u out but i am in the illawarra

Hello :)

I'm here to help!

I'm in Haberfield (inner west)

Shingle back, bluies, geckos, cunninghams... :)

I also just want to add that all details will be kept entirely confidential for those who let me photograph their animals.

I will even forget where you live if you want :)

Again thanks for all who have replied!

Keep it coming every body!

hey amy, come over to my house and take pics of all mine! the beardies have been colouring up alot recently, so they look cool, and the new little guys look awesome. you can go crazy with the pictures!

hey amy, come over to my house and take pics of all mine! the beardies have been colouring up alot recently, so they look cool, and the new little guys look awesome. you can go crazy with the pictures!

lol yeah at least yours arent as fat as angus's :p

sydney northern beaches here. :D

your free to photograph most of my reptiles. some i cant show you :D

beardies, multiple ages and colours...

pair of cunningham skinks

netted dragons.. plenty of them

hatchling pygmies

ackie

gecko's (thicky, and northern spiny)

shingleback skinks

sorry, no snakes here... but your welcome!!

EDIT: having a look at your work.. PLEASE !! LOL !!!

If you are coming up to photograph Kirby's then you might like to pop in and see mine?! (I'm just around the corner) I have a yearling Bredli and a yearling Stimmie - not very big but very gorgeous! ;) PM me if you want to arrange a time.

i only have 2 spotted pythons (hatchys) but if youre on the central coast anytime soon youre more than welcome to drop in

Yay thanks for all the replies every one :)
I am so excited! this is going to be a huge project now.
And as it sort of changes and progresses, i might be calling on people a few times to reshoot and those sort of things.
Thanks so guys!!

yea i got some critters which would make very good snake models that i have floating around the place

If you are coming up to photograph Kirby's then you might like to pop in and see mine?! (I'm just around the corner) I have a yearling Bredli and a yearling Stimmie - not very big but very gorgeous! ;) PM me if you want to arrange a time.

thats a silly idea jess!! you should just come up and see them at the same time. friday night :D

come to think of it. two other members are coming up to my house to view them at the same time!! rofl. there could be four aps members at my house... how scary!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back