Identification Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guildhall

Reaction score
I was excited to see a snake poking its head out of the brickwork of my house this morning (I suspect it's living in the gap underneath my bathtub) and I'd like to have some idea of what it is. I couldn't tell how long it was, since most of its body was in the brickwork, though I'd estimate that it was somewhere in the region of 30cm. It was about the width of my pinky, maybe a bit thinner even. Very smooth scales, medium brown in colour with a dull yellowish belly. Not bright yellow but not creamy either. That's all I could see before it decided it didn't like the look of me and disappeared back into the hole ;)

I'm in Kenthurst on a bush block and I occasionally see red bellies and brown coloured snakes with creamy-white tummies but I hadn't seen one quite like this before. Anyone want to have a stab at it?

I would Guess...A brown Tree Snake...?

But thats only a Guess....

Actually.... I take that back...Could be one of numerous Snakes....!!!

Could be a hatchling.... :)

Last edited:
better off trying to catch a pic next time ...or at least a better form of id...from what you have described it is to hard to pin point what it couldve been ..as there are alot of snakes that could fill that ID ...

Sounds like a Common Tree Snake(Green Tree). When young, specially in Sydney they are brownish in colour. They also have a yellowish belly like you described. I can not think of any other snake at Kenthurst that has a yellow belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back