I'll miss you

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can almost guarentee it was heat stroke.
its not so much the temperture of the bunny or the hutch but the water, if its warm they wont drink it and alas they die a most horrid death.
I would move your bunny into a cooler spot and make sure he has plenty of cool clean water for him to drink.
Sorry to hear of the bunnies death.
we lost a few last year while we were away and a neighbour was feeding them.
Cheers DG

Agreed they go down very quickly in the heat.

i know this is thread is old, but i thought i'd put my two cents in. recently i own two adult female rabbits, they each had babies, one 9 the other 8, they're in two separate cages. (when this incident occured i only had 6 babies in one and 6 in the other.
well anyway... the other day (it wasnt hot, just nice and sunny) i walked out side to check on them and the mum rabbit was paralysed kind of in the front half of her body, her back legs could move but not her front. she also started shaking, i took her to the vet and they said it was calicivirus. she died half an hour after i got her home from the vet, on of her babies also died to (they're nine wks old) and now one of her other babies is sick with it but not very badly

---------- Post added 02-Jan-11 at 12:23 PM ----------

mine died from the calicivirus. when she died she was gasping for air and squeeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back