Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilian

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, was at my local Calm speaking with the wildlif officer while he was feeding his snakes....He had a BHP, Woma, western Brown, King Brown, Kimberely Carpet (rare), Desert Death adder, Olive, Black Gwarder, and 7 ROUGH SCALE PYTHONS !!! (and a couple more) woohoo, got to touch one of the RSP's...

anyways, he informed me that the reason that Calm WA have put the ban on importation of Pythons only to WA from other states, is not for reasons of IBD and opmv (spellin?) but it is actually becuase the herp keeping is relatively new in WA and they "dont wanna open it up too quickly"....

ash...

nah sorry...he asked if i had seen them (which i hadnt and he took one out and showed me and let me touch it... and yeah he had 7...

Unreal, i didnt think anyone else other than Snake Ranch Had any in Captivity...

yeah, they have bloody long teeth...is Snake Ranch in WA??? cos i think he said he is that he is the only one in WA apart from maybe perth zoo...

ill go next fortnight for feeding and get some pics of his rsp's if ya want...

Yea id like to see that, so when i get my pair i'll know what to expect!

There is pairs of RSP for sale on Herptrader at the moment! $10,000 a pair! To bad i live in Victoria

hahaha, dont worry mate, i will do...he said they dont generally bite,... he has a brother and sister in the same enclosure and both went for the food so he had to separate them, after that she had a go at him ( the wildlife officer) a few times and almost got him...lol I touched her tho, it was cool...

Probably doesnt want you spreading a shopping list around on the internet of what animals he keeps.

Yeah i lived in perth and it was difficult to get a license
now its eased up i believe.

Probably doesnt want you spreading a shopping list around on the internet of what animals he keeps.

Ummm, he is a CALM wildlife officer, in Broome, and allows anyone who wants to go watch feeding sessions as well as educational visits/courses etc....Me sayin what animals he keeps aint gonna be any different than allowing total strangers to come and veiw them...Especially on here where no one else lives anywhere near he (remote WA) and they are locked up in their enclosures, and also a locked shed inside a locked premises...

So he's visiting Broome?

I'd be interested to know why he would make such a remark- considering that CALM are spouting IBD and OPMV as the reasons for not allowing the importation, he could get into trouble for saying things like that.

Hey all, was at my local Calm speaking with the wildlif officer while he was feeding his snakes....He had a BHP, Woma, western Brown, King Brown, Kimberely Carpet (rare), Desert Death adder, Olive, Black Gwarder, and 7 ROUGH SCALE PYTHONS !!!

ash...

What is a Kimberely carpet? Isn't that the region the RSP is found?

yeah he said the kimberely carpets were rare in captivity and not many know about them, also yes in a small area in the kimberely is where the RSP's are found and he has 7!!!....

@ Anteresia Lady, he isnt visiting, he is our local wildlife officer who lives here, and yes he said that CALM are usuing IBD as an excuse to have the import ban, because herping in WA is relatively new, and the "dont wanna open it up too quickly" were his words.....He is a bloody awesome bloke and knows his stuff too...

I'm not saying he's not- but from what you said, it inferred he lived here in WA- thats why I asked.
I can't be bothered to quote you, its too early in the morning for fiddling around for me!

I thought he was a CALM officer here in WA- which is why I was confused as to why he would go against his own department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back