Importing snakes to australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosPythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I think I speak for a lot of herp owners that we are all happy with the range of snakes we have available in Australia, However I like a lot of you would like to be able to import different snakes such as ball pythons and so on.

Now its my understanding that if we get enough people to sign a petition and take it to our state representative they will write a bill to get the law changed.

My question is how many of you would be interested in signing such a petition.

if you would not be willing to sign a petition such as this one what are your reasons.

Am very interested to hear everyones thoughts!

Don't think it's as simple as that... I'd sign it though

I do understand it is not as simple as that but just dumbed it down for a quick read lol

The laws will never change for the importing of exotics such as the ball python as there is too great a risk to our natural ecosystem both in the way that the cane toad took over our northern borders (even though i have heard of one reaching melbourn) and the diseases they may bring with them (could be quarentined?) Though I'd sign the petition I really want a ball python lol.

My question lies on wether or not the law could be changed for the re-importation of Australian native species. As even the Americans are further than us in the morphs. Especially in the Central Bearded Dragons, or even the Albino Blackheaded Python I saw a while ago during my random Internet roams lol. Anyone know if this could actually be achieved?

Last edited:
id sign it, but it wouldnt happen, i think even zoo's sometimes stuggle to get snakes imported, its just something that wouldnt ever happen.
itd be cool and all tho

i seen the albino blackhead aswell Dippy! i actually have a pic of it on my phone

Im happy with what we have here. I would not sign it. I would not want the issues they are having in the Everglades in the USA for starters. Just my 2c!

Why do these threads come up every second week or so? Not going to happen get over it.

Not this tripe again! :evil:
You won't even get a majority on APS let alone in the "real" world (Do a search!).
And can you imagine a politician on the campaign trail "Vote for my opponent and they let the hairy bikies down the road import massive man-eating pythons".

^ true, but i think it was 3 this week. I think what the original poster should have said, if you are not interested in signing please dont comment. There is so much about it on aps so you dont need more arguements.

But id sign it :)

if you would not be willing to sign a petition such as this one what are your reasons.

Am very interested to hear everyones thoughts!

^ true, but i think it was 3 this week. I think what the original poster should have said, if you are not interested in signing please dont comment. ...

I doubt that you do well at school in reading comprehension

Now its my understanding that if we get enough people to sign a petition and take it to our state representative they will write a bill to get the law changed.

My question is how many of you would be interested in signing such a petition.

Tell him he's dreaming!

The laws will never change for the importing of exotics such as the ball python as there is too great a risk to our natural ecosystem both in the way that the cane toad took over our northern borders (even though i have heard of one reaching melbourn) and the diseases they may bring with them (could be quarentined?) Though I'd sign the petition I really want a ball python lol.

My question lies on wether or not the law could be changed for the re-importation of Australian native species. As even the Americans are further than us in the morphs. Especially in the Central Bearded Dragons, or even the Albino Blackheaded Python I saw a while ago during my random Internet roams lol. Anyone know if this could actually be achieved?

They have accomplished very beautiful lines with bearded dragons, like you said, but because the americans are not getting any 'fresh supply' of aussie reptiles we have had a greater chance to create new morphs and breed new lines....just listen to 'snakebytes tv, they carry on about how here in australia our reptiles are much more exciting and amazing while they are stuck with wildcaught lines that are not as awesome as our new and upcoming lines...

As keeping reptiles is simply a hobby to me; I am more than happy with what I have. I simply have no need or want for those that I can't have.
I have said numerous times; my woma is one of the most precious things in the world to me.

Come on guys give him a break.I want to see the petition letter !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back