Interest in reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born on the year of the snake. Anyway, back to the question, I liked Dinosaurs and then I developed an interested in lizards when I was like 5. At 8 I had two blue tongues and my parents reckoned that I would loose intrest but they got them for me anyway. Now at 14 I have the same bluies + one more, proserpine Carpet, 1 Bearded and 2 Gippsland Water Dragons. Addictive stuff these Reptiles are!!
Cheers Simon

Yeah shes pretty good, but my favourite rep there is Leo, the Aligator Snapping Turtle that was found in a sewer (in Sydney I think) and that hasn`t eaten since hes been in captivity (2 or 3 years maybe)

I grew up in rural Darwin. Have always been fascinated with snakes and crocodiles. I learnt to have a profound respect for reptiles in general. This guy who used to drive a bobcat for us used to own snakes and he only had 1/2 a thumb because it got bitten off (by what I cant remember) So yeah basically, snakes are in the blood.

find this difficult to beleive, no offence, where did you get that information?, i wouldntthink that were possible, turtles arnt quite like snakes, even snakes cant go that long.

QUOTE "Yeah shes pretty good, but my favourite rep there is Leo, the Aligator Snapping Turtle that was found in a sewer (in Sydney I think) and that hasn`t eaten since hes been in captivity (2 or 3 years maybe)" ~ Lunar phsyco

Some of the keepers up there told me (honestly couldn't tell you their names, I only know half my school teachers` names). I`m seriously not making this up. He may have eaten since I was there, but he hadnt eaten in around 2 years. They were all worried about him. They even had a few fish in his enclosure, but he never seemed interested in eating them, despite when they swam near his open mouth.

Heres the reptile park`s link for Leo.
http://www.reptilepark.com.au/leonardo.htm

I'll try to contact the ARP and see if my story is true. I didnt believe it either about the length of time for a turtle but the keepers I asked seemed pretty certain. Then again it could have just been a joke at my expense :lol: .

Lol Lunar, I reckon it might have been a joke at that mate, thanks for the link too ill check it out. :D

I have always been interested in reptiles from when I was young, my parents did not allow me to keep any reptiles as pets so 20 odd years later when I migrated to Australia I became interested again in reptiles while I was working at a Joinery and I had to clean up some old timber in the yard. I found myself a water dragon and I was totally excited, since then I keep several diffrent species of lizards, snakes and frogs and I love catching things...........Thats why during work people see me ducking of in the bushes and then re emerge with a snake in my hand I just simply LOVE IT

I work with them so sooner or later they ended up with me at home, oh bugger...

i just loved drawing snakes and mythical dragons so i decided if i cant get a real dragon i might as well get a snake 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back