Invertibrate V Reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitaliss

These are relatively old photographs now, but i still thought I would share them because I could not believe my eyes when I found them together. I found them in my garage near Beaudesert Qld (we have since moved).

I did a bit more research and also found that Red-Back spiders eat small snakes which at the time was mind blowing. I think I underestimated these spiders for all these years.

redback_spider_v__skink_by_digitaliss-d3gublh.jpg

redback_spider_v__skink_5_by_digitaliss-d3gubqa.jpg

redback_spider_v__skink_3_by_digitaliss-d3gubo2.jpg

redback_spider_v__skink_2_by_digitaliss-d3gubnb.jpg

Yikes. Beautiful spider, but those pics make me a little queasy. :shock: I'm quite pleased that I'm too big to be of interest to a redback.

doesn't surprise me at all that they can take down a skink, awesome spiders redbacks, found a 50mm legspan 1 in the garage the other day, should have seen the look on my fathers face when i saved it, pulled a face as if iv done the worst thing in the world, got her safe and sound with my other inverts now.

Yes, they are fascinating. I have loved spiders since I was a child, but I cannot seem to convince my Fiance to allow me to keep one. The closest I have been so far able to get is a Rainforest Scorpion, which turned into 14 as she had babies after we had had her for 12 months.

I am sure I can imagine the look you received, my father is terrified of spiders :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back