is it just in darwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatty

Reaction score
was look on Gum tree found a snake going cheap gave them a call but no permit every time I think about getting a snake from GT most of them don't have permits.
the old attitude you'll be right people don't realize that one 100 dollar snake can bugger there hole collection

That's why the people with permits know the rules and don't buy from people that either don't know about licensing or don't care :)

Phatty if you're buying snakes in Darwin you should look up Reptile Territory, Jeremy knows his stuff and has
a diverse collection of reptiles. If what you want isn't there pm me, I know someone else who may be able to help you.

It is a shame considering how cheap and easy it is to get a permit (well it is in NSW not sure about the other states.) For $40 a year of what ever it is I'm not sure why they take the risk.

Costs nothing here so it's ridiculous.

Even less excuse then, I really don't understand the way some people's minds work some times.

My bad, EITHER they are trying to sell wild caught (or stolen) reptiles and dont therefor have any paperwork OR they're selling Childrensii which is the only snake up here that doesn't require a license.

My bad, EITHER they are trying to sell wild caught (or stolen) reptiles and dont therefor have any paperwork OR they're selling Childrensii which is the only snake up here that doesn't require a license.

Can I ask why childrens aren't on license? cheers

They're very common and I guess not considered subject to commercial exploitation? Just guessing .....you'd have to ask NTP&WS, they decided. Blue Tongues and GT frogs arent on the permit list either.

steve i thing i know what your saying but i dont believe you can have wild caught
it is possible to legally purchase wild caught reptiles in the nt. there's a guy in Katherine with a licence to capture. I think its very strictly controlled.
certainly beats the black market.

it is possible to legally purchase wild caught reptiles in the nt. there's a guy in Katherine with a licence to capture. I think its very strictly controlled.
certainly beats the black market.

100% correct. One of my Night tigers and the mother of my Olive were wild caught animals that the chap you refer to is licensed to keep after submitting the paperwork. From chatting to him ages ago, the animals he is allowed to collect and sell after capture is based on how many he has caught in that area over a period of time, if the animals will potentially be an issue if released close to where they were caught as well as what his intentions are with the animal.

From the NT Website phatty, it shows that you can have "exempt" species without the need for a permit but they cannot be taken from the wild. More info can be found on the site
Some species referred to as ‘exempt’ species may be kept without a permit as long as they are obtained lawfully and not taken from the wild.

100% correct. One of my Night tigers and the mother of my Olive were wild caught animals that the chap you refer to is licensed to keep after submitting the paperwork. From chatting to him ages ago, the animals he is allowed to collect and sell after capture is based on how many he has caught in that area over a period of time, if the animals will potentially be an issue if released close to where they were caught as well as what his intentions are with the animal.

From the NT Website phatty, it shows that you can have "exempt" species without the need for a permit but they cannot be taken from the wild. More info can be found on the site

yea I know. I have a wild caught coastal from parks and wild life as it is not native it can not be released back into the wild it must have been some ones pet as it has a beautiful nature
the animals that Iam talking about are not on the exempt list. These are the only reptile on the exempt list.

REPTILES
Centralian blue-tongued Lizard Tiliqua multifasciata
Central Netted Dragon Ctenophorus nuchalis
Central Bearded Dragon Pogona vitticeps
Children’s Python Antaresia childreni
Northern long-necked Turtle Chelodina rugosa
Common blue-tongued Lizard Tiliqua
AMPHIBIANS
Common frogs of the Northern Territory may be kept as pets. Should you wish
to trade in frogs you will need a permit.

- - - Updated - - -

yea I know. I have a wild caught coastal from parks and wild life as it is not native it can not be released back into the wild it must have been some ones pet as it has a beautiful nature
the animals that Iam talking about are not on the exempt list. These are the only reptile on the exempt list.

REPTILES
Centralian blue-tongued Lizard Tiliqua multifasciata
Central Netted Dragon Ctenophorus nuchalis
Central Bearded Dragon Pogona vitticeps
Children’s Python Antaresia childreni
Northern long-necked Turtle Chelodina rugosa
Common blue-tongued Lizard Tiliqua
AMPHIBIANS
Common frogs of the Northern Territory may be kept as pets. Should you wish
to trade in frogs you will need a permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back